Search Number: PJ # 6833
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits.
The School of Business & Economics is internationally accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). We offer students a broad-based education with a global perspective and emphasis on experiential learning. The Management, Information Systems & Analytics (MISA) department prepares students for careers as modern day business professionals. This 10-month, tenure-track position in Data Analytics is to begin fall 2021. Primary responsibilities for this faculty member will be teaching at both undergraduate and graduate level. The successful candidate is expected to specialize in undergraduate courses such as Math Modeling in Business, Operations Management, and Business Analytics. At the graduate level, teaching responsibilities in the fields of Predictive Analytics and Prescriptive Analytics is preferred. A record of consistent publication of articles in scholarly journals will be necessary to ensure qualification under AACSB. Student advisement along with departmental, college, and university service are expected over time. As an institution that delivers challenging and high-quality educational experiences to a diverse group of learners, the successful candidate must demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to diversity and gender issues. The successful candidate may be asked to teach courses in a distance learning format.
- ABD or holds a Ph.D. in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems or a related field from an AACSB or ABET accredited institution at the time of appointment with relevant teaching experience. ABD will be considered for appointment at a lesser (qualified) rank and salary, upon proof that the applicant’s defense of his/her dissertation will be scheduled within the first year of the appointment. A successful ABD applicant will receive promotion to the rank of Assistant Professor and a salary increment at the start of the semester following verification of the terminal degree completion. An ABD hire will be limited to a one-year appointment, subject to renewal for one year only (2 years maximum).
- Academic concentration, research programs, or professional experience should be in areas directly related to Data Analytics
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and service in an institution dedicated primarily to undergraduate education
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with faculty, staff and administrators
- Work experience in business relevant to Data Analytics
- Expertise with popular analytics software tools and languages common in industry such as SAS, IBM SPSS Modeler, SQL, R, Python, Hadoop and Tableau
- Excellent communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Application materials received by February 8 will be guaranteed full consideration. Please include a cover letter of interest, Resume/CV, unofficial transcripts, samples of recent student evaluations of teaching, and contact information for three professional references. Additional information may be requested at a later step in the process. Official transcripts from an accredited institution will be required prior to employment. Additional information may be requested at a later step in the process. Official transcripts from an accredited institution will be required prior to employment.
Plattsburgh State University of New York is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.