Salary: $27.75 – $33.50 Hourly
Location: Main Campus – Smithfield, NC
Job Type: Part Time
Instruction – Workforce Development & Advanced Technologies
Job Number: PFI-DHEI010521
Recruitment Range: $27.75 – $33.50
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to instruct in the Heavy Equipment and Transport Technology curriculum. Employees in this classification perform instructional work. Position is responsible for teaching classes and instructing students; preparing lesson plans; preparing tests; evaluating work; and counseling and advising students. Perform related work as required.
Knowledge & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Teaches classes: instruct students on the use of shop equipment.
- Supervises work experience activities; evaluates students’ work.
- Maintains shop equipment; machine repairs and general maintenance.
- Prepares attendance reports and administers attendance policy; Administrators and responds to annual evaluation report.
- Averages grades and prepares student grade reports.
- Counsels and advises students.
- Recruits new students for programs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education Minimum: Diesel Systems or Automotive Diploma or related certifications
Education Preferred: Associate Degree in Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology or related field.
Experience Minimum: Two (2) years as a technician performing electronic diagnosis and troubleshooting in a truck or automotive shop.
Experience Preferred: Three (3) to five (5) years as a technician performing electronic diagnosis and troubleshooting in a truck or automotive shop.
Applicant must have a working knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Applicant must have basic computer and key boarding skills. Microsoft office knowledge a plus as this job will require the use of this software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants should be able to lift 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position does not have benefits.
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.