New York University: NYU – Global: Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi
Position Title: Research assistant (RA)
Research Project Title: The UAE Healthy Future Study
Faculty Name & Title: Dr Raghib Ali, Director, Public Health Research Center
Cardiovascular disease and diabetes are extremely common in Abu Dhabi and throughout the Arab World. While cohort studies have made tremendous contributions to scientific knowledge of the epidemiology and determinants of diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer, none have been done in Arab populations. To study the causes of these diseases, we have established a prospective cohort study – UAE Healthy Future Study: a large cohort study in the GCC region aimed at recruiting 20,000 Emirati National adults to study health outcomes related to cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity. we are recruiting 20,000 adult subjects from multiple sites including hospitals, universities and major employers. After providing informed consent, participants complete a questionnaire, have physical measurements taken and Donate biological samples. As the first prospective cohort study in the uae, the UAE Healthy Future Study: will provide unique and substantive evidence for both lifestyle and genetic determinants of common diseases in the UAE population.
Responsibilities of the Position
- To assist in the recruitment and follow-up of participants
- to ensure All study documentation is recorded, handled and stored to allow accurate reporting, interpretation and verification.
- To assist in the analysis of data from the study
- Good written and spoken Arabic and English
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- An interest in health
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Attentiveness to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
© Copyright 2021 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.