Faculty – Engineering – Industrial and Manufacturing
Open Until Filled
Adjunct Faculty- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Manufacturing Engineering Technology Adjunct
Position Type: Adjunct/Adjunct Faculty
Date Posted: 2020
Location: Main Campus
Position: Rock Valley College is seeking Adjunct Faculty to teach
Manufacturing Engineering Technology courses.
Job Summary: Teach assigned classes and perform activities related to
To save time applying, Rock Valley College does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for
employment-based visas for this position at this time. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create instructor syllabus to share course expectations and policies with students and department.
- Teach assigned classes
including lecture and lab components as appropriate.
- Plan class content and assign appropriate classwork including maintaining
RVC’s Learning Management System (EAGLE).
- Meet classes at assigned times in compliance with credit hour expectations.
- Instruct students in the proper use of lab equipment including safety guidelines.
- Assess student learning in meeting course
- Evaluate student progress and assign mid-term and final grades.
- Maintain student records including Enrollment
Verification at the start of the semester.
- Maintain office hours for student support. Expectation is one hour for each class taught
at times convenient to students.
- Participate in college and department training including continuous improvement through mentoring
and evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with department chair in assessment at the course and program levels including collecting
and analyzing data.
- Collaborate with department chair to revise Master Course Syllabus and catalog information including course
objectives, topic outline, appropriate texts, and teaching materials.
- Collaborate with lab manager to make sure that lab equipment
is properly maintained including requesting lab supplies and equipment as needed.
- Make minor repairs on lab equipment when
practical and appropriate.
- Regular attendance is expected.
degree in manufacturing engineering technology or a closely related field or a combination of education, training & tested experience.
Industry-recognized certifications are preferred. Background should include working knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
- Creating engineering drawings per ASME Y14.5M
- Computer-Aided Design including SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.
materials science and manufacturing processes
- Basic measuring equipment, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and coordinate
measuring machines (CMM’s)
- Manual and/or CNC machining methods including machine setup, operation, and programming, as
appropriate. Experience should include milling, turning, grinding, and drilling and may include other operations frequently used in modern
- Other manufacturing and manufacturing engineering skills as needed to support the department course catalog
Human Resource Services
Rock Valley College
RVC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.