Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
S&E-School Of Engineering & Computing Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Department of Computing Sciences at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Computer Science with a specialization in Machine Learning. The position will support programs offering the BS and MS degrees in Computer Science, and the Ph.D. degree in Geospatial Computer Science. The basic job requirements include teaching undergraduate and graduate level courses, establishing and directing an active and externally funded research program, publishing research results in archival journals with high impacts, advising and recruiting undergraduate and graduate students, and representing the department in national and international functions. The appointment will begin fall 2021.
Applicants with focus in AI and applications of AI to Geospatial Computing are strongly encouraged to apply. However, applicants with strong background in other areas such as software engineering, data science, cloud computing, computer vision, and autonomous systems will also be considered.
The Department of Computing Sciences prepares students to pursue productive careers and advanced degrees in computer science or geospatial information science. Information about the department is available at http://csci.tamucc.edu/.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or a closely related field. Advanced ABD will be considered; degree must be conferred at the time of appointment.
- Record of original research, with significant publications in archival journals commensurate with the candidate’s level.
- Experience in teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Strong research background in machine/deep learning.
- Supervising undergraduate and graduate students.
All required documentation must be submitted to receive full consideration for the position.
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of interest addressing the qualifications listed
2. A statement of teaching and research philosophy
3. A curriculum vitae
4. Copies of unofficial transcripts for graduate coursework
5. Three professional references including names, addresses, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses- including a previous or current supervisor
The deadline for applications is Friday, January 15, 2021.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.