The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at Carnegie Mellon University ranked among the top programs in the United States, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels. We are an extremely collaborative department with ties to several multidisciplinary institutes and centers. We collaborate with colleagues around the world through a number of research and educational programs. We have world-class experimental and computing infrastructure, including state-of-the-art nanofabrication facilities.
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate for Professor Jose M. F. Moura’s research team. In this role, you will carry out advanced independent and/or directed research to achieve the objectives of the research project. This position will require an in depth knowledge of a niche field, process, or subject area and may involve organizing and implementing complex research plans, the development of methods of research, testing and data collection, analysis and evaluation, and writing reports which contain descriptive, analytical and evaluative content. The purpose of this role is to acquire the professional skills needed to pursue a career path of his or her choosing.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assisting in ensuring project deliverables are achieved
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies may be required depending on area and specialty
- Participating/assisting in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations
- Gathering and analyzing data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data
- Conducting research experiments within the predetermined research scope and methodology of department and university
- Other duties as assigned
- Doctorate Degree in a related field required
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills required
- Strong organization and communication skills required
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Please visit https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html to review our Statement of Assurance.
Job Function: Research
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Doctorate
Carnegie Mellon University does not discriminate and Carnegie Mellon University is required not to discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or handicap in violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or other federal, state, or local laws or executive orders.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.