105-NN – Director and Professor
Director and Professor
Washington State University, WSU PULLMAN CAMPUS
Provost and Executive Vice President
Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture
Faculty – Academic – Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
- Direct the Voiland School of Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering (VSCEB) to a higher level of excellence in research, education, and service.
- Develop and implement a vision for the school and direct the progress toward achieving them.
- Direct the School’s budgetary and planning process in consultation with the Dean.
- Provide leadership and facilitation to faculty, staff, and students.
- Communicate school vision and programs to constituents including academia, government agencies, industry, and alumni.
- Philanthropic engagement.
- Candidates must have an earned doctorate in Chemical Engineering Bioengineering/Biomedical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Successful candidates will have an outstanding record of excellence in research and teaching commensurate with appointment as a tenured full professor with demonstrated visionary leadership credentials and strong commitment to diversity and service to their organization.
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Tenure Track: Yes
Position Term in months: 12 months
City, State, Zip: Pullman, WA 99163
Department Link: Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture | Washington State University (wsu.edu)
Background Check: Yes, this position has been determined to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date: January 14, 2021, Applications received after that date will be considered until the position is filled.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statements on (i) personal research, (ii) diversity, and (iii) vision, including goals for the Voiland School’s educational and research programs as well as their leadership for achieving those goals. A list of four references (including postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses) is also required
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statements on (i) personal research, (ii) diversity, and (iii) vision, including goals for the Voiland School’s educational and research programs as well as their leadership for achieving those goals.
- A list of four references (including postal addresses, phone numbers and email addresses) is also required.
Posting Close Date (If empty, open until filled):
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or email@example.com.
Washington State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Educator and Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.