The Director of IT Operations is responsible for the development, operation, maintenance, and protection of
IT resources to meet the mission and strategic needs of The Master’s University and Seminary. This position assists in the strategic
and tactical planning of the organization’s information technology infrastructure and provides mentoring, management, strategic
alignment and support of IT Operations personnel while instilling a passion for customer service. The Director of IT Operations will work
closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology
solutions for all aspects of the organization. This individual’s goals also include developing and managing system and application
portfolios across the organization as well as maximizing levels of support for the user community through a robust Service Desk.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Understands the University and Seminary’s overall mission and strategic plan as communicated by the
CIO and works in conjunction with the CIO to align IT Operations activities and projects with these goals and priorities.
mentors and grows the IT Operations team in order to facilitate organizational mission execution through a reliable, high-quality IT
infrastructure and Service Desk. Responsibilities include spearheading meetings, facilitating employee professional development as well as
serving and supporting staff to maximize productivity.
- Passionately owns all IT Operations workflows. This includes understanding
and communicating with the CIO on the health, status, risks, and ROI of this domain on a regular basis.
- Formulates and deploys
long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies
while working with the CIO to proactively develop, lead, and communicate the IT operations project roadmap.
- Facilitates IT
Operations strategic and operational planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the
allocation of resources.
- Participates in collaborative leadership and management of infrastructure security efforts. Understands
current IT-related security threats and supports best practices to defend campus from malware and cybercriminal activity.
- Identifies key priorities and critical needs across the campus and determines ROI, team member allocation, and risks inherent to these
priorities within the IT strategic plan.
- Develops best practices and standardizes project management methodologies for the
department and champions use among IT staff. Utilizes appropriate organizational and productivity paradigms to engender team agility and
- Develops a strong rapport with campus users through regular communication and sincere relationship building.
- Utilizes considerable delegation skills to ensure proper staff allocation across the department’s workflow.
consistent provision of end-user services, including Service Desk and technical support workflows.
- Ensures IT Operations is
fiscally responsible both in establishing and developing a realistic annual budget and keeping expenses and purchases in-line with the
annual budget plan.
- Informs CIO of emerging IT technologies and other strategic opportunities.
- Implements, suggests and
provides continuous feedback on policy decisions in order to maximize institution effectiveness.
- Interacts and negotiates with
vendors to establish beneficial contracts and software licensing.
- Engages in continual professional development to enhance personal
skills relevant to core responsibilities.
- Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a demonstrated commitment to the doctrinal position
of TMUS, and a continuous exhibition of a desire to minister and serve others in varied capacities.
- Demonstrated ability to
establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, vendors, students, &/or community members of diverse
academic, socio-economic, cultural, & ethnic backgrounds.
- Exercise confidentiality, good judgment and discernment.
- Commitment to respect and submit to departmental and Institutional leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Assign, plan, and oversee the work of all department employees.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees as needed and in
accordance with TMUS policy.
- Train employees, verify timecards, and monitor budget.
- Complete employee evaluations and
maintain up to date job descriptions.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related discipline, Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven years’ experience managing
and/or directing an IT operation
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and
- Good understanding and high-level knowledge of current operating systems, end user hardware, network
infrastructure, common business applications, and cloud technologies.
- Experience with systems design and development from business
requirements analysis through day-to-day management.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and
business office operations.
- Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability
to apply IT in solving business problems.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk, hear, speak, stand, and walk.
- Repetitive motions on a keyboard and looking at a computer monitor for an extended
duration of time is required.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift, push, pull, grasp, and bend while lifting up
to 30 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities,
and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The Master’s University & Seminary does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, marital status, veteran status or prior military service, medical condition,
or any physical or mental disability. We are committed to practicing principles of equal employment opportunity and diversity based upon
sovereign Biblical principles.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.