Job Number: JR-006421
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re committed to working
hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to
higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse
workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received
praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping
students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
**Qualified Internal Applicants must
apply by 12/23 to be considered for this role**
This is a Full Time Position
Position Summary -
Student learning is the primary responsibility of WGU faculty. Course Instructors are subject matter experts who teach and
mentor students when students engage in their assigned courses. Course Instructors vary the type, length, and intensity of instructional
method based upon student needs. Course Instructors work on a team to support an assigned group of students and offer specialized
instruction on challenging topics. Using technology, Course Instructors interact with students in both group and one-on-one settings. As
part of WGU’s disaggregated faculty model, Course Instructors provide their expertise and collaborate with the faculty who are responsible
for developing and evaluating courses and assessments.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities -
- Acts as a steward for carrying out WGU’s mission and strategic vision. The Course Instructor must demonstrate a
high level of commitment effectively and consistently.
- Provides expertise in assigned content area and maintains current knowledge
in his/her field.
- Fosters student learning through innovative teaching practices.
- Responds with urgency to meet student
needs and communicates professionally and respectfully with students and all other members of the WGU community.
proactive support and outreach to assigned students.
- Uses technology-based teaching and communication platforms to aid students in
the development of competencies.
- Collaborates with other professionals within the university to promote a positive,
- Participates and or leads training activities;
- Responds with urgency to changing
requirements, priorities, and short deadlines.
- Consistently exhibits WGU Leadership Principles.
- *Maintain a non-traditional schedule with a minimum of ten (10) hours per week outside the hours of 9 to 5 (in the employee’s home time
zone). At least four hours of the 10 hours must be on a weekend day (Saturday or Sunday)*
This is a Full Time position
- Minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience teaching adults in Higher Education;
preferably in an online distance based model
- Master’s degree with 18 graduate hours in accounting and an active accounting
professional certification (CPA, CMA, CFE, CIA, etc.)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in Accounting
- Interest in teaching introductory spreadsheets, financial or managerial/cost accounting at undergraduate level (principles,
- Experience providing student support and instruction; demonstrated ability to work with struggling or at-risk
- Ability to breakdown and disseminate difficult topics in a manner that students will understand and grasp
to travel for training, Academic Meetings and/ or Commencements
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service (AKA “Student
Obsession”) to our Students
- Candidate must reside within the continental US
- PhD or DBA in accounting or related discipline
- Active or inactive CPA Designation
or inactive CMA Designation
- 5-10 years of online teaching experience
- Extensive professional experience
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate
the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees
within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract
of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU
recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to diversity.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.