Department: Workforce Solutions
In addition to submitting an online application,
please upload the following in PDF format: cover letter, resume, college transcripts, and copies of all current and unexpired
Kentucky State Law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of
Interested applicants may contact:
Lineman Program Coordinator
VP Workforce Solutions
- Teach SCC Lineman course curriculum.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of and compliance with the Electrical Utility Safety Rules and procedures.
- Maintain the
program’s equipment and lab facilities and complete reports for the program.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as
- Ten years working as a Lineman in the Electrical Utility field; must
possess current CDL-A license
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention
to detail; self-motivated; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to be an effective communicator (oral and written communications) with
parents, students, and industry, representing SCC’s Lineman Center in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to utilize
different methods and mediums for delivering course material
- Proven educational or administrative experience in critical thinking,
problem solving, and judgment skills
- Associate degree preferred but not required
Somerset Community College (SCC) is one of 16 two-year colleges in the Kentucky Community and Technical College
System (KCTCS). SCC offers classes at six convenient campus locations. Opened in 1965 and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges
and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), our goal is to prepare students for successful transfer to Kentucky four-year colleges or for
immediate entrance into fulfilling careers.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and
employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability,
family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status,
marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.
Salary Lower: Commensurate with education and experience
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.