Job Category: Full-Time Faculty
Job Close Date: 01/18/2021
Open Until Filled
Position ID: P0018540
Job Opening ID: REQ8883
Department: Accounting and Finance (IVC-072-001)
Term: 10 Months/Year
Salary Schedule Link: Click here for current Salary Schedules
Pay Basis: Monthly
% of Range: 100%
Hours per week: 36
Receives benefits: Yes
Location: 10-Irvine Valley College
The successful candidate must meet one of the following criteria:
1. Master’s degree or higher in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in business with accounting emphasis, or business administration with accounting emphasis, or economics with an accounting emphasis AND a Master’s degree or higher in business, business administration, business education, taxation, or finance, from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College Instructor Credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above (candidates making application on the basis of equivalency must submit the Supplemental Application for Equivalency Determination form in addition to all other required materials).
(NOTE: A Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or business administration with accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to Title 5, Section 53410.1.)
- One year full time (or equivalent part-time) recent and successful teaching experience in the field of accounting at the community college and/or university level.
- Possess the knowledge and ability to teach and manage accounting courses using various forms of computer technology in and outside the classroom.
- Install, use and maintain electronic instructional course software in Canvas and the ability to integrate publisher materials into Canvas.
- Hold advanced computer skills, literacy and familiarity combined with experience in online, Internet and web-based course delivery systems, in order to offer curriculum and instruction.
- Familiarity in developing and maintaining appropriate lower-division curriculum in accounting.
- Experience in student learning outcome, program review, and/or matriculation.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preference will be given to those candidates demonstrating a high level of para-professional expertise on the basis of the following:
- Recent and successful experience teaching financial and managerial accounting at the community college level.
- Understanding current and emerging instructional and educational delivery technologies.
- A demonstrated strong commitment to quality teaching, student success and academic excellence.
- Understanding of different instructional modalities to match different student learning styles.
- Possession of strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in curriculum development and online delivery.
- Ability to incorporate spreadsheet application and accounting software technology further into the curriculum.
- Strong networking skills to promote internship and work experience opportunities in the community for our students.
- A demonstrated interest in mentoring students to become an Enrolled Agent (EA) and/or to obtain other nationally recognized accounting certifications.
- Ability to develop additional certifications for IVC’s accounting programs.
- Ability to teach advanced accounting courses including, but not limited to, audit, tax, intermediate accounting, and cost accounting.
- Ability to guide community college students through the CPA educational requirements for licensing and to assist transfer and returning students with employment opportunities.
- Experience developing and guiding students through transfer pathways programs and/or cohort programs, such as IVC’s GAP 4+1 program with California State University, Fullerton.
- Ability to instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials, effective teaching methodologies and informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions.
- Ability to employ effective practices for engaging students who are diverse and/or underrepresented.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in this area with African American, Latinx, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders and other students underrepresented in education and the profession.
- Candidate being an actively licensed Certified Public Accountant.
- Possession of other desirable credentials, such as Certified Management Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Advance student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines for the various courses in the accounting department.
- Integrate computer technology to offer instruction in the traditional classroom as well as through distance delivery modes.
- Participate in the development and revision of curriculum in the department and college committees and in professional development activities.
- Maintain current knowledge in the subject-matter area for effective teaching/learning strategies; maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Participate in general faculty functions related to the educational program, in-service programs, professional development and college governance.
- Assignments may include evening and weekend hours.
Assignment Type: Full Time, Tenure Track
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.