Faculty – Vocational and Technical – Automotive Technology
Automotive Instructor-GM – Central Campus
- Keep up with developments in the field of study.
- Demonstrate high standards-academic and professional.
student work constructively and provide timely feedback.
- Teach at days, times and locations that meet student needs.
access to students through posted conference hours, electronic communications, and other appropriate methods and respond to inquiries in a
- Evaluate, and recommend students learning materials.
- Develop and use a syllabus and course information
materials for each course, laboratory, or clinical setting within state, college, and departmental guidelines.
- Maintain high standards of competence in the discipline(s) and
teaching methodologies through professional development activities.
- Use effective teaching methods and materials that reflect
thoughtful planning, assist students in meeting course objectives, are appropriate for students with diverse backgrounds and learning
styles, and engage students in learning.
- Evaluate program curricula and teaching methods through a process of self-
- Meet or exceed professional standards, state-mandated guidelines, and business/industry/higher education requirements,
as appropriate to the discipline.
- Participate actively in college meetings, committees,
task forces, and councils.
- Participate in college-related activities such as registration, community education, student recruitment
and retention, and faculty selection.
- Participate in college activities for students/student organizations.
- Participate in
business and community activities that foster goodwill and promote the mission and values of the college.
- Participate in activities
required to maintain program and college accreditation standards.
- Participate in setting departmental goals, developing college
budgets to support those goals, and planning for achieving those goals.
- Maintain departmental affiliation agreements and
partnerships with other institutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge, skills,
abilities and certifications relative to teaching areas, as applicable.
- Faculty must maintain Master and L1 ASE
- Associate’s Degree in Automotive Technology plus at least three (3)
years of verifiable work experience as an Automotive Technician.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Certification in all
eight (8) areas A1 – A8.
- ASE L1 and G1 Certification
- Faculty must maintain Master ASE Certification
- Current GM dealer technician training.
Salary Grade: BACH
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year. See Salary Schedule
Posting Close Date: 1/25/2021
San Jacinto College
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.