Faculty – Engineering – Electrical
Description: The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University was established in 1979 to conduct basic and applied research in robotics technologies relevant to industrial and societal tasks. Seeking to combine the practical and the theoretical, we have diversified efforts and approaches to robotics science while retaining the original goal of realizing the potential of the robotics field.
We are seeking a Teaching Assistant to join the Robotics Institute. In this role, you will be responsible for education development for a robotics class that is being taught remotely. Tasks will include coordinating effort among other students developing lab components and interacting with students in the class to get feedback and direction.
Core responsibilities include:
- Obtain materials needed for classes, including tests and other materials. Prepare presentations for and/or deliver lectures.
- Assist faculty members with classroom instruction, exams, record keeping and other miscellaneous projects.
- Proctor examinations and record grades.
- Hand out assignments and grade papers.
- Will do education development for a robotics class that is being taught remotely.
- Tasks will include coordinating effort among other students developing lab components.
- Interacting with students in the class to get feedback and direction
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, analytical skills, and problem-solving and reasoning skills required.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html
Job Function: Faculty / Instruction
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Part Time
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon University does not discriminate and Carnegie Mellon University is required not to discriminate in admission, employment, or administration of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or handicap in violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or other federal, state, or local laws or executive orders.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.