Faculty – Engineering – Mechanical
Position Status: Part Time
Department: School of Business and Industry
Develops and teaches classes in various aspects of mechanical engineering and automation.
Specific Position Duties
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in the teaching field;
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to teach various courses, times, locations, and delivery methods, as needed and as reasonably requested by the college;
- Utilizes appropriately challenging coursework to help students realize their full potential as learners;
- Provides students with written expectations, e.g., syllabi, policies, assignment instructions, graded evaluations, etc.;
- Administers tests which are appropriate to course content, including a comprehensive final exam measuring overall grasp of course objectives;
- By various ways and means of instructing students, affirms the worth and dignity of all persons and the right of all persons to learn;
- Maintains an appropriate learning and assessment climate in the classroom, whether traditional, web, or distance, which encourages the free exchange of ideas while defending academic honesty and objectivity;
- Prepares adequately for class and arrives promptly at class meetings, labs, and any other scheduled instructional activities;
- Delivers material in a clear and understandable manner;
- Addresses student concerns, i.e., comments, questions, and input, both in class and via posted office hours, timely electronic communication, and other suitable means;
- Effectively handles routine procedures necessary for the successful, day-to-day operation of the department as delegated by the department chair.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Doctoral Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Teaching experience.
Posting Number: A00045P
Odessa College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, disability or age in educational programs, activities, admission or employment practices.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.