Job Number: JR-006216
Location: Salt Lake
If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you’re
committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a
mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place
to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one
that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to
play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
WGU employees must submit their internal application before 11/26/2020 in order to be considered for the position.
The manager of project management will lead and develop a team within WGU’s
Academic Programs department. The individual will ensure industry standards and processes are applied to and aligned with departmental goals
and objectives. The manager will effectively influence change in a highly matrixed organization while ensuring timelines and objectives of
departmental strategies and initiatives are met in a timely manner.
This position will work on-site in our Salt Lake City campus
when we return to in-office work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Uses quantitative and
qualitative data to identify trends in issues and create strategies and recommendations for improvement and resolution
generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, and balances
multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives to support projected
Academic Programs growth
- Researches business strategies and recommends best practices and changes in technology related to the
performance of Academic Programs’ initiatives
- Ensures overall quality, consistency, and functionality of all work by team members
to ensure a high level of performance and engagement of all team members
- Provides measurable feedback to direct reports and
suggestions for improved performance.
- Works with cross-functional teams to determine current and future direction and create
- Collaborates with other internal teams to understand individual and overall project needs, creating a cohesive
course/program and enhancing the seamless student experience
- Oversees all aspects of project management associated with course and
program development, including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing
- Resolves issues or
challenges associated with Academic Programs projects during any phase of the project life cycle
- Holds direct reports accountable
to performance metrics
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities and results
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports
- Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels
- Ability to be an agent of change in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to analyze data to identify trends and drive
innovative process improvement
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to effectively handle
multiple tasks and pay attention to detail
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years managing projects
- 3+ years leading and managing people and teams
- Waterfall and
Agile; OR Hybrid PjM experience
- Experience using MS Office suite and collaboration tools
- Master’s degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- PMO, Program or
Portfolio Management experience
- Smart Sheet experience preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that
our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people.
We are committed to diversity.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.