Faculty – Business – Accounting
Sullivan University System offers post-secondary educational opportunities in a variety of disciplines through its many campuses
to prepare students for employment in high-need career fields. At The Sullivan University System, you’ll find a host of career
opportunities, an environment that values creativity, a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding, and an organization that
We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, comprehensive training, tuition
reimbursement and a professional work environment.
The Sullivan University System has been named one of
the Best Places to Work for four years, because we truly believe you don’t need to choose
between making a living and making a difference.
We are currently looking for a full time Accounting &
Finance Program Director member for our Louisville campus. The Program Director is responsible for assisting the Dean with the management of
instructors, curriculum and educational resources for the efficient and effective operation of the assigned academic area to achieve the
mission of the academic area and the institution.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Evaluates, develops, and maintains all area specific curriculum in cooperation with the respective faculty (curriculum
specialists/chairs/directors/deans) of other campuses, the Vice Provost/Provost, and the Curriculum Committee.
- Oversees the
development and maintenance of area specific syllabi. Ensures course descriptions and objectives of syllabi match catalog.
instructors utilize learning management system and curriculum as directed in accordance with course objectives and within guidelines of
faculty academic freedom.
- Oversees the selection of area specific course text materials, equipment, library support materials,
curriculum maps, etc.
- Conducts bi-annual faculty classroom observations, reviews faculty performance and makes recommendations to
the Dean for annual faculty reviews.
- Ensures faculty maintain required credentials.
- Assists the Dean with the hiring and
supervision of program faculty and clinical site supervisors, where applicable.
- Works closely with the Dean and University
Registrar to ensure course offerings are appropriate and efficiently meets the needs of the institution.
- Works closely with the
Dean and University Registrar to ensure faculty course assignments are appropriate based on documented credentials.
regular program and curriculum review meetings; submits minutes of meetings to appropriate personnel.
- Promotes a productive
academic environment for faculty and students.
- Facilitates the resolution of student issues and complaints of the program under
- Ensures classroom and equipment are available to ensure goals of classroom instruction are achieved, to include skills lab
inventory, where applicable.
- Teaches course load as assigned by the Dean (based on the teaching load rubric) and performs functions
of a faculty member as indicated on the faculty job description.
- Works with the Dean to evaluate and report assessment of student
learning in accordance with course and program-level assessment plans.
- Works in conjunction with respective faculty (curriculum
specialists/chairs/directors/deans) to ensure compliance with accrediting and other regulatory criteria/standards as it relates to program
- Manages programmatic accreditation/approvals/licensing agency activities to include selfstudies, monthly and annual
reports, as necessary.
- Acts as program chair for advisory committee meetings.
- Performs academic advising/student
support for students in the program area to include the evaluation of new student applications for acceptance as deemed necessary.
- Participates in the faculty professional development program.
- Assists in providing accommodations to students with ADA
issues and ensuring faculty involvement when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the position include:
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in respective (or related)
- Maintains industry certifications as required by the accreditation and programmatic approvals of the institution and
- CPA or CMA certification preferred.
- Three years of experience as a faculty member in an institution
of higher education.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- Knowledgeable in
programmatic material for department.
- Good managerial and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal,
and written communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft programs such
as Excel, Word, Outlook, and Explorer required.
- Expertise in technology relevant to the discipline.
- Ability to coordinate
multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently while meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to maintain concentration and attention
to detail while working for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students, faculty, and staff face to face and via the telephone.
This job description lists the major responsibilities of the job title listed. By no means is the job limited only to
the responsibilities listed. Cooperation between employees is expected during periods of heavier than normal workloads and
revisions to these duties on either a temporary or permanent basis is possible.
The Sullivan University System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.