Posting Number: req3257
Department: Aerospace & Mechanical Engr
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1130 N. Mountain Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
The Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Department (AME) invites qualified applicants to apply for an Adjunct Instructor position (part-time, non-tenure eligible) to team-teach AME 426 and teach AME 230.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Team teach AME 426, Rocket Propulsion
- Instruct AME 230, Thermodynamics.
- Preparation of course instruction and classroom instruction.
- Hold scheduled office hours.
- Instructor load will be determined by Department Head.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field; OR
- Significant previous practical experience (e.g. executive in a large company, top executive in a small company, or business owner); OR
- Tested experience to include: professional certifications and achievement in engineering, or a related field, directly relevant to the subjects taught; OR
- Five or more years of relevant work experience (e.g. in private sector) in engineering or a related field.
- Ph.D. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Successful college or university teaching experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: TBD
Job FTE: .10 – .49
Work Calendar: Academic
Job Category: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: Per Course
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.