Faculty – Vocational and Technical – Automotive Technology
|Primary Location:||Truman College|
|Employee Type:||Part Time|
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY (PART-TIME)
Truman College is currently seeking a part-time faculty to teach Automotive Technology. If you have passion for
teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have
demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the
student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
Learn more about the Automotive Technology program here.
- You must demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating new technologies in the
learning process and the ability to inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Maintain office hours for advising,
mentoring and coaching students.
- Development and revision of courses and instructional materials as necessary.
syllabi and grades on BrightSpace.
- Current certification from the National Institute for
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current ASE certifications in A6, G1 and certificate
in teaching area, preferably A1, A2, A3, A4 or A5. Applicant should also consider obtaining ASE Master Certification status in the future
for the option of teaching more classes.
- Three (3) years minimum automotive service experience.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of modern automobiles, current testing equipment and diagnostic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges!
Human Resources & Staff Development
City Colleges of Chicago
City Colleges of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.