Part-time Visiting Faculty Position Electrical Engineering
University of St. Thomas
The University of St. Thomas (UST), a private Catholic University committed to the liberal arts and the religious and intellectual tradition of Catholic higher education, located in Houston, Texas, near the vibrant central business district, Texas Medical Center, and museum district, is inviting applications for a part-time visiting faculty position in Electrical Engineering. This position is in the Department of Physics and Engineering.
General responsibilities for the position include:
During the 2021/22 academic year, this position will teach 6 courses for a total of 18 contact hours (lectures and laboratories, 3 contact hours each, both daytime and evening, various teaching formats such as in person, hybrid, online). The specific engineering courses covered by this position will be identified based on the expertise of the person awarded the position.
The primary teaching responsibility will be introductory and upper division electrical engineering courses (both lecture and laboratory courses).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach 18 contact hours throughout academic year, primarily electrical engineering courses (both laboratory and/or lecture courses as needed).
- Develop lecture and laboratory courses in hybrid, in person, hyflex and online format, as needed.
- Support the department chair in developing the electrical engineering program as needed.
- Teach both day and evening courses
- Offer at least five weekly office hours per semester (including summer)
- May supervise student workers (TA’s).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- A Ph.D. in electrical engineering required.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience at the college level in electrical engineering, experience in various teaching formats such as in person, online, hyflex and hybrid formats
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to set up and handle laboratory equipment for electrical engineering laboratories. This includes “hands on”, hybrid and online laboratories.
- Knowledge of using computers and computer programs in teaching labs, including interfaces to sensors and other equipment for data collection in introductory and upper division laboratories.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.