Faculty – Engineering – Electrical
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Applied Physics, or closely related field
- Significant industry experience/training with PLC’s and robotics
- Strong computer skills and commitment to the use of technology in instruction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with others in a team environment
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission of a comprehensive community college
- Effectiveness in the following College organizational competencies:
- Translating College purpose, values, and vision into organizational action
- Collaborating and facilitating
- Creating and innovating
- Anticipating and responding to change
- Providing vision and leadership
- Assessment of student learning
- Engagement and assessment of successful student retention models
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Applied Physics, or closely related field
- Work experience in an advanced manufacturing setting
- Teaching experience in a community college or related work experience
- Experience with online instruction
ADA requirements for this position include critical thinking skills with the ability to process information and exercise good judgment in the collection, evaluation, and analysis of data, and student assessment, curriculum development, and program review. Other requirements include ease of mobility in supervising students in classroom/lab settings, carrying supplies and other instructional materials, ability to move, climb, or crawl under equipment, use of keyboard, effective use of all forms of communication (oral, written, visual, auditory), and the ability to perform general teaching and office duties and travel to other campus locations.
Human Resource Services
Davidson County Community College
Davidson County Community College is committed to equality of opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or national origin consistent with provisions of applicable state and federal law.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.