Faculty – Business – Accounting
Open Until Filled
Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as an adjunct instructor for Accounting. Under general supervision, this individual will prepare lesson plans for classroom instruction; evaluate students’ progress in attaining goals, objectives, and student learning outcomes. This position is part-time/exempt. **Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, Columbus Technical College is teaching online courses and limited courses on campus. This position will be on a substitute basis if needed during the semester should an instructor become unavailable. The length of time per substitution will vary depending on the need of the college. **
Please note the following information regarding this position:
a) May be required to teach high school students
b) May require teaching on or off campus throughout our service delivery area (Muscogee County, Stewart County, Quitman County, Chattahoochee County, Harris County, and Talbot County)
c) May require travel
- Delivers effective individualized program instruction to class members
- Ensures adherence to technical college and safety requirements in classrooms and labs by following established procedures
- Selects and obtains appropriate educational materials for courses
- Ensures consistency in syllabi, lesson plans, tests, and other appropriate course work
- Assists with the design and execution of special events, projects and activities as requested
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in the teaching discipline (i.e. Accounting)
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with a concentration in the teaching discipline (minimum 18 graduate semester hours or 27 graduate quarter hours required in Accounting).
- CPA Certification
- Teaching experience at college level
Columbus Technical College
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.