East Peoria, IL
- Admin – Information Technology – Web Developer
- Admin – Information Technology – IT Manager/Director
46,363.20 to 53,794 USD Per Year
SUMMARY: The Web Services Manager is responsible for developing and implementing initiatives to leverage the
college’s website to drive enrollment as well as other marketing initiatives including SEO. The position is a member of the
leadership team reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Institutional Advancement. This
position optimizes SEO strategies and streamline the end user experience, manage and measure the implementation of
digital marketing strategies, optimize AdWords effectiveness, etc. The Web Services Manager works with Director of Marketing to
establish and monitor metrics to guide the website and digital marketing efforts. This position is also responsible for integrating the
icc.edu site with other tools across the college including the CRM, Course Catalogue and program information, access to current student
information, and more.
Illinois Central College has issued an RFP for a complete website redesign and development. The Web
Services manager will lead this initiative once a vendor is selected.
This position will work remotely during the pandemic.
However, some on campus work may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This
list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related
duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Maintain and enhance Illinois Central College’s overall web presence.
- Develop web service strategy to support marketing and administrative services via the web sites.
- Optimize website using
Wordpress as a CMS.
- Create scope, specifications and time estimates for various web projects, in collaboration with
- Monitor college website including tracking statistics, performance, security, compliance with standards and policy
(including ADA, branding and style guides). Make recommendations to Marketing and Admissions as needed.
- Create and
implement web-related process efficiencies.
- Ability to manage and enforce website content
- Work jointly with Marketing to support divisions, departments and programs by enhancing
the content, design and features for overall digital presence.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the master plan for web
services, including developing and implementing analytics for the sites, including staying current with emerging web development tools,
practices, programs, and languages.
- Create efficiencies in the team’s overall workflow by automating repetitive tasks,
clearly delegating assignments and appropriately and eliminating any identified work deemed unnecessary.
- Provide supervision
and direction for the web programmer within the web services department, including setting goals for and performing evaluations; provide
project management leadership within the department.
- Teach monthly (or as needed) content management system (CMS) classes to campus
content owners; educate users in content management and SEO basics. Provide training and professional development workshops for College
employees using the online Content Management System.
- Thorough understanding of institutional processes, procedures, and
applicable rules and regulations for web communications.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and
- Manage a backlog of bug fixes and feature requests for various projects.
- Provide 24/7 support for
- Support diversity in all its aspects.
- Perform related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and
abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
in web related field such as web administration, multimedia, or computer science with 3 years of experience developing, designing,
administering and implementing websites OR Associates degree in web related field such as web administration, multimedia, or computer
science with 6 years of experience designing, developing, administering and implementing websites.
- Exceptional technical
skills in computer applications for web production, image handling, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, motion
graphics, web interaction, and/or other state-of-the-art web communication capabilities
- Experience managing a large
- Proficient in Office 365.
- Strong planning and scheduling experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative and professional working relationships with
others regardless of technical expertise.
- A Master’s in web design, multimedia arts and sciences, communications, or related field.
- Experience in higher education responsible for web design, management or development.
Illinois Central College
Illinois Central College is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Protected Veteran Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.