Location: Adtalem Global Education – Washington, Washington, DC United States
Opportunity at a
Adtalem Global Education seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Manager, Government Relations to support the government
relations (GR) team by creating and implementing systems to move forward cross-departmental work, maintaining a federal/state policy
portfolio, and providing research, writing, analysis and project management support to the Director of US Government Relations and other
senior GR leadership. The Sr. Manager will support the Director in providing outreach to federal and state government entities and other
stakeholders including but not limited to Congress, state lawmakers and industry associations to advance Adtalem’s legislative priorities.
The Sr. Manager builds and maintains positive relationships with a myriad of stakeholders to execute Adtalem’s government relations
This position is remote and based in Washington, D.C.
the Director in building, maintaining and growing external relationships to advance policy priorities and further company
- Closely monitors and elevates legislative and other actions that could impact Adtalem and its institutions and companies
and work with internal subject matter experts for analyses; work with external stakeholders.
- Research, analyze and prepare policy
briefs and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Track and report on policy trends and updates; develop tools to help communicate to
internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide project management support to the Director and Sr. Director on federal and state public
policy priorities, including developing timelines and reporting on multiple workstreams.
- Communicate effectively and consistently
with GR team regarding ongoing legislative efforts, upcoming events, status of priorities and other information which affects the
departmental and broader company goals.
- Assist Director with PAC tracking and reporting including the development and execution of
an annual PAC budget, identification of opportunities to promote the PAC and quarterly federal Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) and bi-yearly
LD-203 Political Contributions reporting.
- Represent Adtalem in legislative engagement activities and political activities and
- Assist GR senior leadership in working with Adtalem lobbyists on executing government relations and political contributions
strategies and participating in meetings with government officials and other stakeholders.
- Assist in compliance with all federal and
state ethics and campaign finance reporting.
- Completes other duties as assigned
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They
may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience,
knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in public policy, communications,
political science, or a related field.
- Minimum of seven years related experience in government relations and federal and state
policy making; lobbying experience strongly desired.
- Ability to build relationships with legislative offices and strategic partners;
skilled at establishing and cultivating strong, long-term relationships.
- Must have strong analytical and legislative/statutory
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to problem solve, exercise judgment, and multi-task under
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and project management skills with ability to maintain accuracy in preparing and
displaying information; provide superior proof-reading expertise to GR team.
- Possess a keen attention to detail and accuracy in a
fast-moving and challenging political and policy environment, with international dimension.
- Highly resourceful team player
prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously, proactively; and follows through on projects to successful completion while
- Strong work ethic and desire to produce an exceptional product.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing
priorities and needs of the organization.
- Experience utilizing online advocacy tools and databases. PAC experience a
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong
commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit
discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve
their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading workforce solutions provider that
partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class
academic curriculums, certifications, and training programs across the medical and healthcare and financial services industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Association of Certified Anti-Money
Laundering Specialists, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, OnCourse Learning, Ross University School of
Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit adtalem.com.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment toward diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.