Faculty – Vocational and Technical – Automotive Technology
Open Until Filled
Adjunct-Instructor, Automotive Technology
Ranked by BestColleges.com and Niche.com as the #1 community
college in New Jersey, Raritan Valley Community College has been serving as an academic and cultural center for Somerset and Hunterdon
County residents for 50 years. The College has been nationally recognized for its service to the community, environmental stewardship, and
commitment to diversity. It is home to a Planetarium, Science Education Institute and 3M Observatory, a 1,000-seat Theatre, an Honors
College for high achieving students and much more.
The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as
career training, small business assistance through the Small Business Development Center, professional development, and adult and youth
personal enrichment courses. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
College is seeking Adjunct Faculty to teach Automotive Technology.
The primary responsibility of the Instructor is to provide
quality instruction to RVCC students enrolled in a variety of automotive classes taught at the main campus in Branchburg, NJ or at any other
location as assigned. The Automotive Technology program teaches the ASE accreditation program. Teaching a customized course that fits the
needs of local business, and corporate industry is also common. The Instructor will teach to a diverse population of students; students
range from high school students with little background to employees who have worked in industry.
- Provides quality instruction to students in assigned courses, including, but not limited to the 8 ASE areas:
engine repair, engine performance systems, brake systems, steering and suspension systems including wheel alignment, automatic
transmissions, manual transmission and other drive train components, heating and air conditioning systems and electric and electronic
- The individual will also be required to provide instruction in the introduction, fundamentals, and safety
- Teaches courses in a variety of environments and modes as required using technology provided and at differentiated levels
as required based on individual student performance and outcomes.
- Courses may be offered in the fall and spring semesters and
on varying schedules (15 weeks), and may meet during the morning, or afternoon.
- States clear objectives and criteria in each course
syllabus to ensure all students have a clear understanding of program and course requirements.
- Follow the Curriculum Committee’s
guidelines regarding course syllabi; integrate appropriate RVCC Goals for Student Success into each course.
- Evaluates students’
performance based on objectives and criteria.
- Provide students with performance feedback at regular intervals throughout the
- Maintain academic and attendance records in accordance with ASE, State of NJ, Middle States, RVCC, and Automotive
Technology Program policies.
- Submits syllabi, student evaluations, grades, and other required information in a timely
- Assists in the development and revision of curriculum reviews, ASE evaluations, corporate industry training curriculum, and
all course material needed for the course.
- Designs and implements effective learning processes for students; provides feedback on
student improvement in attaining the Automotive Program and Course Learning Outcomes and Goals.
- Refers students to the resources in
the College Learning Center, Library, Career and Placement Services, and Student Development Center as needed.
- Participate in ASE
requirements related to your assigned duties.
- This will include required training and participating in automotive program
requirements to maintain ASE accreditation standards.
- Maintains an inventory of all assigned equipment and supplies in assigned
areas; takes practical efforts to safeguard RVCC physical resources from unauthorized use.
- Maintain all professional certifications
and licenses required to continue teaching under the policies of ASE, RVCC, and Automotive Technology program.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in education,
automotive, or related field.
- 5-7 years of related work experience in the automotive service and repair industry.
- Current ASE Certification in subject areas related to teaching assignments preferably ASE Master Certified and ASE L1
- Master’s degree, preferably in education, automotive, or
- Experience in teaching automotive/diesel technology, preferably at a community college.
Applicants will be kept on file for part-time and substitute opportunities.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary
residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
RVCC’s starting rate and rank are commensurate with
educational qualifications and experience. For consideration of the above position, please submit your cover letter, resume and an
unofficial transcript online:
We regret that we are unable to
respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community
College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment
opportunities offered at the institution are available to all persons.
Raritan Valley Community College
Raritan Valley Community College is firmly committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, and will implement the policy to assure that the benefits, services, activities, programs and employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, religion, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or disability, and in accordance with the state and Federal Laws: Title IX, Title VII, Civil Rights Act of 1964; Executive Order 11246, as amended; Title IX, Educational Amendments of 1972; section 503 and 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended; Veteran’s Assistance Act of 1972; as amended.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.