It’s your career. Go ahead.
Why did the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development select
Parkland College as a winner of its 2020 Promising Places to Work in Community Colleges Award? Because we recognize, promote, utilize, and
educate one another regarding the unique qualities and shared humanity of our people and cultures. At Parkland we celebrate the diversity in
our community and our world. Join our dynamic, innovative team in this leadership role.
Adjunct Ford ASSET Faculty/Program
Director CAMPUS TECHNOLOGIES DIVISION
What you will do:
Teach courses, coordinate shared departmental
duties, and assist with marketing, recruitment, and retention for our Ford ASSET program.
- Teach courses in the Ford ASSET
program (8 areas of ASE certification plus, advanced engine performance, hybrid and diesel).
- Maintain regular office hours to
ensure availability for student consultation.
- Participate in professional development activities related to discipline knowledge
and/or teaching skills (minimum of 20 hours required per year for program accreditation).
- Maintain ASE and Ford Motor Co
certification in areas taught.
- Maintain program Automotive Education Foundation accreditation.
- Facilitate and coordinate
planning, development, implementation, evaluation and revision of courses, course information forms and/or course catalog content for the
Ford Asset program.
- Submit program requests and updates for curriculum committee, course scheduling and faculty assignments, course
syllabi, and textbook orders to department chair.
- Maintain strong industry contacts and relationships to identify and implement new
student employment, financial and equipment opportunities for the Ford ASSET program.
- Work with department chair and CTE Program
Manager to advise all incoming and concurrently enrolled students in the Ford ASSET program to ensure sustained enrollment and student
retention and completion.
- Monitor student applications, assessment needs, career agreements, dealer employment commitment
What you can expect: Support for your well-being
- Collegial community of faculty and
staff united in our passion for serving students, on a campus with a panoply of lifestyles, with cultures as diverse as the communities we
- Professional support and deep commitment to career growth and development.
- Opportunity to contribute to an
organization with a national reputation for excellence and a growing international presence.
- Competitive salaries and robust
benefits, including medical, dental, life, disability, retirement plans, flexible spending, dependent care, paid time off, EAP, tuition
waiver, vendor discounts.
What we expect of you: The experienced educator we seek possesses a background in
management and these qualifications.
- At least 2 years of experience in service and repair at an automotive
- Demonstrated management experience.
- ASE certification in assigned areas of instruction.
- Ford STST
certification in assigned areas of instruction or completion of same within one year of employment start date.
- Associate degree in
automotive technology or a related field of study and the commitment to complete a bachelor’s degree required; bachelor’s degree at time of
- Ability to learn the Parkland information system and new programs as technology changes.
- Ford Senior
Master certification, ASE Master certification (including A9, L1, and G1), and teaching experience in a higher-learning environment
Interested candidates may apply at: parkland.edu/careers
About Parkland College
Located in Champaign, Illinois,
Parkland is a fully accredited, public community college established to serve the needs of District 505, the third largest community college
district in Illinois. We offer more than 130 degree and certificate programs and enroll approximately 20,000 students annually. The college
is a center for educational opportunity and community enrichment in east central Illinois and has earned a national reputation for its
excellent academic standards, innovative programs, and quality vocational-technical instruction.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.