The College of Aviation (COA) at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)-Daytona Beach invites applications and nominations for the position of Assistant Professor, Tenure Track, within the Department of Aviation Maintenance Science. The College seeks a dynamic individual with significant academic and research experience in the Aviation Maintenance Science (AMS) discipline to teach and conduct research within the second largest department in the COA. This 9-month Assistant Professor appointment is at our campus in Daytona Beach, FL.
The COA has an FAA-approved Part 147 AMT Program within the AMS degree which provides its students excellent opportunities for career advancement. The AMS program at ERAU is taught by dedicated faculty. The faculty at ERAU AMS are collaborative, student focused and intellectually curious. The department is looking for an individual to join our faculty, to help the University reach strategic goals in research and cutting edge technology.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the gold standard in Aviation and Aerospace Education. The program draws students from around the world who are dedicated to their future careers. Its talented faculty, state of the art classrooms, lab facilities, and use of instructional best-practices, mean that its graduates are sought after by some of the most prestigious employers in the world.
Reporting to the Department Chair of Aviation Maintenance Science, the faculty member will lecture, write research proposals, conduct research, and collaborate with University faculty, and provide student-centric instruction. He/she will support their students through advising and mentorship. Faculty in the department are expected to embrace new teaching methods and support innovation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Earned a PhD, EdD, or Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Possess a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Experience in aviation maintenance sciences: civil, military, corporate, general aviation, manufacturer, or airline.
- Experience in an academic environment, serving on committees and harvesting research.
- Experience in developing and maintaining channels of communication with professional groups and industry.
- Experience in maintaining academic excellence with respect to teaching.
- Through collaboration with the department, increase enrollment within ERAU.
- Experience in advising and/or mentoring students enrolled in the program (including appropriate student records for advising).
- Develop strong and competent University curriculum commiserate with the high standards of the department.
- Technical Operations, Electric/Hybrid Propulsion, Avionics, Carbon Fiber, Ceramics, Cybersecurity and/or other intellectual interests are preferred.
This Tenure Track Assistant Professor position is expected to begin work no later than January 2021. Applications should include a CV and a detailed letter discussing aviation experience and academic qualifications that demonstrate a fit with the AMS Department and the position.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Daytona Beach
Job: Research and Academics
Education Level: Master’s Degree
Employee Status: Regular
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.