Division: Business & Learning Support (BLS)
Employee Status: Full-time (nine-month)
FLSA: Exempt (salaried)
To save time
applying, Rock Valley College does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this
Reporting Relationships –
Reports to: Dean of Arts and Social Sciences
Supervision Exercised: None
Teach assigned classes and perform
related activities to classroom instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the
- Meet classes at assigned times.
- Plan course content and assign appropriate course work.
- Maintain student records.
- Evaluate student progress and assign grades.
- Revise course outlines, objectives, and catalog
information as needed.
- Select appropriate texts and teaching materials.
- Maintain office hours convenient for students and
as required by college policies.
- Prepare course/class reports as required.
- Attend and participate in conferences related
to teaching area; membership in appropriate professional organizations is recommended.
- Submit budget requests and written narrative
- Keep abreast of current developments in the profession.
- Community engagement
- Participate in
department, division meetings and in‑service training, etc.
- Participate in assessment of student learning at the course, program,
and institution level.
- Assist in short‑range and long‑range planning.
- Assist in program assessment planning.
- Assist in student recruitment and retention activities.
- Related duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Degree in Accounting or related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Accounting and immediate ability to teach multiple sections of
- Course work and post-secondary teaching experience in
the following areas: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Microcomputer Spreadsheet Application in Accounting, General Ledger
Software Applications in Accounting, Cost Accounting, Intermediate Accounting I, Intermediate Accounting, Federal Income Tax, Fraud
Detection and Deterrence, Accounting Capstone
- Certified Public Accounting Designation
- Knowledge of Software
- Related Business Experience
- College Teaching Experience
- Ability to teach face to face, hybrid and,
online synchronously and asynchronously
- Commitment to the mission of the community college and to high academic standards, as well
as interest in department and college initiatives.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with diverse students and staff
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works indoors.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
RVC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.