- Faculty – Engineering – Computer Engineering
- Faculty – Science – Computer Science
- Admin – Curriculum Design
Note: this is a temporary role, not a faculty position Synopsis of Role: American Public University System (APUS), located in Charles Town, WV seeks applications for a remote (virtual) Course Designer. Individual will work with the School of STEM to design and develop undergraduate and graduate computer science courses. Course topics include Software Reverse Engineering, Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, Cellular and Mobile Technologies, Computer Architectures, Formal Languages and Automata Theory, Software Engineering, Development of Secure Software Systems, Introduction to Artificial Life, Artificial Intelligence, High-performance Networking, Machine Learning, Operating Systems and Computer Architectures, Internet of Things, Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics, and Cellular and Mobile Security.
- Works collaboratively with Program Director, School Dean, Faculty, Staff and Administration to support the development of effective instructional materials for the designated project.
- Applies learning styles (adult and traditional) and established instructional design processes (analyze, research, conceptualize, design) to learning content in distant delivery.
- Executes quality course design within a LMS, CMS or LCMS.
- Performs administrative aspects of course development, delivery, and support.
- Provides guidance in the development and implementation of effective and diverse learning strategies.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Cybersecurity from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Terminal doctoral in Computer Science or related field from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Five or more years of industry or research (academia) experience.
- College level teaching is required.
Preferred Areas of Expertise and Experience:
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
- Higher education teaching experience in teacher education preferred.
- Course design experience preferred.
- Scholarly records in the field preferred.
- Curriculum development or teaching CS courses at graduate level preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Remote / Online
- Sitting, extensive use of keyboard Interested applicants send cover letter and resume: Zona Kostic at firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Course Designer – (First Name, Last Name)”.
Please list all the courses in which you consider yourself a domain expert. **Please Note: Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
American Public University System
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.