College of the Siskiyous
FIRST REVIEW NOVEMBER 30, 2020 -
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
$52,865 TO $71,291
175-DAY CONTRACT/FULL-TIME TENURE TRACK
Complete job description and application available online at: https://siskiyous.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=194&job=business-instructor
College of the
Siskiyous, located at the base of majestic Mt. Shasta, is seeking a full-time, tenure-track Business Instructor beginning spring 2021.
Under the direction of the Dean, Career & Technical Education, the assignment will be to teach any business and related courses. The
assignment may involve teaching both day and evening classes on the Weed and Yreka campuses, and via Distance Learning.
is seeking applications from an individual who has the skills and characteristics necessary to provide exemplary service to students. It is
a continuing goal of College of the Siskiyous to hire and retain people who reflect the rich diversity of the District and its student
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach department courses including (but are not limited
to): Legal Environment of Business, Accounting, Business Applications, and Economics.
- Recruit students and promote the program in
the business community.
- Assist in the development of curriculum and instructional strategies in a competency-based
- Remain current in the subject matter areas and in the techniques of effective instruction.
- Revise curriculum
to maintain currency and develop new courses where appropriate.
- Advise students in program and career planning.
- Participate in staff and college meetings and participatory governance.
- Work with the Advisory Committee to develop a program
that meets the needs of students and the community.
Master’s degree in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business
* Master’s degree in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree and a
bachelor’s degree in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business education
* Master’s degree in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree and a bachelor’s degree in economics
with a business emphasis
* The equivalent
Note: Applicants applying under “equivalency” must provide the
* Equivalency Application.
* Grid that compares upper graduate
coursework with a degree that meets the minimum qualifications of the discipline.
- Community College teaching experience with students at multiple skill levels.
- Computer expertise and experience in business
application software, including QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven ability or demonstrated potential to deliver
instruction in a variety of formats:
- Distance learning including experience with Canvas
- Traditional classroom
- Meet the qualifications to teach remotely as outlined in the Faculty Distance Learning Handbook. http://www.siskiyous.edu/distancelearning/documents/dlhandbook.pdf
- The ideal candidate will meet minimum
qualifications to teach at least one additional subject area, including Accounting, Economics, and/or Marketing.
experience in private or public sector business.
- Ability to communicate clearly with students and staff.
* The annual salary range for a 175-day contract
is: $52,865-$71,291. Starting placement on the District salary schedule is based upon years of experience and number of units completed
beyond the Mater’s degree. New academic employees may receive credit for no more than 5 years of job-related experience.
members with an earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution receive an additional $2,000 annual stipend.
* The District offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and
vision coverage to employees and qualified dependents.
* The employee participates in CalSTRS through District and employee
* After the preliminary screening, selected candidates will be invited to
the campus for an initial interview with the Search Committee. At the discretion of the District, videoconference interviews (in lieu of an
in-person initial interview) may be offered. Candidates to be interviewed will be selected from applicants who most closely meet the minimum
and desired qualifications. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview. The Search Committee will recommend a slate
of finalists to the Superintendent/President for a final interview.
The District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or
to delay indefinitely filling of the position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool
or if funding is not available.
Conditions of Employment:
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment
requirements prior to appointment that include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC 87408.6), fingerprint processing, and
verification of their legal right to work in the United States. A pre-employment physical examination may be required.
requiring reasonable accommodations in completing the application or interview process must notify the Human Resources Office in
College of the Siskiyous is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from
ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of
ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender, gender identity, age, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin,
medical conditions, status as a Vietnam-era veteran, ancestry, or political or organizational affiliation.
College of the Siskiyous
is accredited by the Accrediting commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcripts
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.