Faculty – Business – Finance
Open Until Filled
applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Finance beginning January 4, 2021.
Founded in 1868, Hampton University is
a leading historically black university (HBCU) located on the Virginia Peninsula in the City of Hampton. It is a privately endowed,
co-educational, nonsectarian institution. The Center for Entrepreneurship, Economics, Finance and Accounting prepares students for careers
in a global market and for graduate study. The department achieves its mission through curricula structured to enable students to
comprehend, analyze and critically assess an entity’s financial condition and optimize its value with a commitment to ethical values
and social responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate and graduate Finance
- Provide instruction based on course description, and outlines, and meeting class scheduled and maintaining accurate
- Assess student performance and remain current with content, technology, and teaching and learning strategies in
- Collaborate with colleagues to review and revise curriculum, course development, teaching materials and teaching
methods to promote student success and lifelong learning
- Provide service to the university and attend meetings/events as required
by the University, the School, and the Department
- Serve and function as an academic advisor
- Participate in faculty
- Work closely with the Chairperson to create a space for collaboration with local and national entities to
support the program goals and engage in fundraising
- Maintain academic standards and professional ethics
- Assist in
Identifying and implementing recruitment strategies to increase enrollment in the department
- Demonstrate the capacity of high
quality research and grant writing
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chairperson
All candidates should have earned a Ph.D. in Finance or closely related field with at least 18 graduate
semester hours in Finance from a nationally accredited university. Candidates will be considered with a minimum of two years of
college-level teaching. Work experience will also be considered.
Mrs. Moretta Hicks
Center for ENTR, ECO, FIN and ACC
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.