Washburn Institute of
Technology seeks applications for an Electrical Technology Technical Instructor to begin January 4, 2021, Monday through Thursday;
5:30 to 9:30 p.m. This is an adjunct benefit ineligible position.
years of experience or 4000 hours as an electrical technician, this may include military experience or paid experience in a relevant
- Industry-recognized certification or licenses relevant to the electrical field.
- Associate degree or
willingness to complete the associate degree within five years of start date.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of the
National Electrical and International Residential Code, AC/DC circuits, print reading, commercial and residential wiring.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Teaching experience at the
- Develop a curriculum according to course competencies
on each course syllabus.
- Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
- Develop assignments for the classroom and the
- Enforce policies for safety and use of personal protective equipment for all individuals in the lab environment.
- Maintain student records for the program (i.e. Certification testing and the assessment plan).
- Evaluate student work, provide
feedback to students, administer tests, and assign grades.
- Share (as appropriate) student information with proper staff and
- Use the university’s learning management system to track grades as required.
- Participate actively in
departmental/program advisory board meetings.
- Foster a positive relationship with industry representatives and the community.
- Act in a manner that promotes collegial relationships and shows respect for students, staff, and colleagues.
- Maintain and/or
advances training in industry-recognized certifications.
- Stay abreast of innovations and developments in the professional
- Adhere to university policies.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Application review will begin October 28, 2020, and continue until the position is
filled. To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, copies of transcripts, copies of current credentials, and the names and
contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Tech Instructor -
Electrical” in the subject line. The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official
transcripts are required upon hire.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic
environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to
Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from
members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the
candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment
without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.