the following areas/disciplines: Accounting, Biology, Management, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics
and Physical Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office suite), Health Services Administration and Life
Science. Wilberforce University is a small, Liberal Arts University with an Entrepreneurial focus, with a legacy of being the nation’s
first private HBCU. Adjunct Faculty are expected to fulfill the mission and core values of the university with dedication, compliance with
all university and academic area policies, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a commitment to the success of the students and the university.
For Fall 2020, the university is functioning in a virtual instructional mode (synchronous and asynchronous functionality). Although
the modality for Spring 2021 is not finalized as yet, adjunct faculty should live in the commutable greater Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus
Key Functional Requirements:
- Teach 3 – 6 credit hrs. per semester, depending on enrollment
pipelines, and department needs.
- Plan, organize, and communicate instruction in ways which effectively encourage and stimulate
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies, and use instructional technology in line with the needs of
the course and discipline.
- Support classroom and online (Canvas) efforts, and work with other relevant units of the university to
facilitate and promote student success. Adjunct faculty need to have demonstrated proficiency in virtual course design and pedagogy.
- Prepare, distribute, and submit syllabi for all assigned sections in accordance with college and university policies. Syllabi must list
key student learning outcomes, provide a breakdown of course content, and specify valid assessment devices and breakdown of grading.
- Evaluate and return student work in a timely manner and maintain accurate records of student attendance and progress
intermediate (census date reporting), mid-term and final grade rosters according to established deadlines
- Maintain professionalism
and confidentiality in regards to student interactions and information.
- Maintain posted office hours in accordance with
departmental and college policies and procedures.
- Attend some workshops/seminars dealing with instructional or faculty development
topics, each semester.
- Comply with all university and academic area policies
- Submit completed course assessment forms
(with documented student-learning evidence) at the end of each semester.
- Stay current with professional knowledge and technological
underpinnings in the field.
- Work with other area faculty, the Co-op office, and employer networks to facilitate/promote relevant
internships and graduate school opportunities for students.
- PhD in the Teaching
area/discipline from an accredited institution of higher learning is preferred. Candidates with an accredited Master’s degree in the
teaching area, along with significant teaching experience as well as relevant professional work experience may also be considered.
- Evidence of successful teaching, full-time, for at least two full years, including at least a year’s experience with teaching
completely online, is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving student learning and to help students succeed at the course
and program level. Proficiency in synchronous and asynchronous modes of virtual instruction is a must.
- Effective oral and written
communication skills and interpersonal skills with the capacity to work successfully in a culturally diverse college community
- Demonstrated skills (at least 1 year experience) in using modern educational technology, including multimedia-based instructional
methods, and use of online platforms (WU uses Canvas) for synchronous and asynchronous instruction. Must have demonstrated knowledge of
Excel and common software packages specific to the discipline being taught.
- Must be a team player, working with the Dean and other
faculty in the discipline/area/college
Submit a detailed CV (including contact information for three references) and a Statement
of Teaching Philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org
and copy Dean Anu Venkateswaran at A1Venkateswaran@wilberforce.edu by October 9, 2020. In your CV, please include a list of courses taught and the
Institutions at which the teaching occurred. Please also specify your experience with face-to-face, hybrid and online teaching. Official
transcripts for all post-secondary degrees and successful completion of a background check (including reference checks) will be required
prior to the date of hire.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.