Salary: $19.23 Hourly
Location: Bremerton, WA
Job Type: Part-time Hourly
Department: Business and Technology
Job Number: 20-21-P14
Olympic College is recruiting to fill an hourly position for Instruction & Classroom Support Technician 2 for the Composites Shop. This position supports instructors in the classroom and during shop activities. This position performs professional and/or technical support activities involving the use of technical and/or academic knowledge, materials, and techniques.
- Prepare equipment and materials for class and/or shop projects.
- Assist instructor(s) with lecture and/or shop materials.
- Receive materials and supplies used in classes.
- Assist instructor in the demonstration of tools, equipment, methods, and materials.
- Set up and clean up for classes/shop activities.
- Assist with the maintenance of shop equipment and resources.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
- High School Graduation or Equivalent.
- Six (6) months of industrial shop experience or equivalent academic lab/shop experience.
- Experience maintaining and repairing industrial equipment.
- Basic computer skills, MS Office preferred.
- CAD/CAM experience.
- Advanced level student or graduate of the Composites or Precision Machining programs.
- Experience working at a community college.
The successful applicant will be able to
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Independently prioritize and organize assigned work.
- Understand the needs of community college staff and students.
- Understand complex oral and written instructions.
- Display strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Meet deadlines while working in an environment with continuous interruptions.
- Establish and maintain a positive and effective work environment.
- Foster a climate of multi-cultural understanding and appreciation.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, laws, and ordinances established at the campus, local, state, and/or federal level.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, read, understand, and interpret policies and.procedures.
- Interact successfully with individuals and groups representing a wide range of diverse cultural, geographic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Olympic College mission, vision, and values.
- Uphold Olympic College’s values and ethics necessary to maintain a positive climate.
Terms of Employment
This is a hourly position scheduled to work up to 18 hours per week.Hours worked are limited to 79 hours per month or 450 hours in a 6-month period. The salary for this position is $19.23 per hour.Flexibility in scheduling is needed to meet the demands of the department.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
- This is a part-time position that requires punctual and regular attendance. Flexible hours required and may include late evening classes. Position may have reduced or zero assigned hours during academic breaks when classes are not in session.
- This position is in a typical classroom and/or shop environment but may require the employee to move across campus to other buildings. Shop setting has precision tools and other items and equipment that may be hazardous if used improperly.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position. The employee may be required to lift and carry supplies and equipment of up to 40 pounds.
To be considered for this position a candidate must apply online through the Olympic College website and submit the following required materials:
- Olympic College Online Application
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial college transcripts. Official transcripts and copies of mandated certifications will be required of the successful candidate.
All application materials become the property of Olympic College.
For technical support, contactNEOGOVat 855-524-5627 between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday.
Corrected or extended notices for this recruitment will be posted in the Human Resources Office and the Olympic College web site.
Olympic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Olympic College shall provide equal educational and employment opportunities without regard to race or ethnicity, creed, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, religious preference, life-threatening illness, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, reliance on public assistance, sexual orientation, status as a disabled or vietnam-era veterans, or political opinions or affiliations.
Olympic College will operate aggressively and affirmatively in implementing and maintaining programs, which will promote genuine equal education and employment attitudes and opportunities.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.