Faculty – Engineering – Mechanical
Open Until Filled
Posting Number: req1126
Working 9 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
College of Science and
Pocatello – Main
The successful applicant will be expected to
participate in teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in the areas of robotics, machine design, kinematics and dynamics of
machinery, as well as in the core undergraduate curriculum, to build a collaborative, externally funded research program and to perform
professional service. Further, the applicant is expected to mentor graduate students and participate in the activities of the Measurement
and Control Engineering Research Center in the College of Science and Engineering.
- Teaching undergraduate/graduate courses according to the ME workload policy per semester with teaching responsibilities based in
Pocatello, covering our needs from the aforementioned courses. However, other reasonable course assignments (3000 level and lower) from our
basic Mechanical Engineering curriculum may be assigned, and some courses may be offered via distance learning to the Idaho Falls CHE
- Pursuit of an active, collaborative, externally funded research program, including publication of research and
participation at conferences.
- Mentoring graduate students.
- Advising undergraduate students in Pocatello.
- Serve as
a possible mentor for projects in the ME senior capstone design course (ME 4496A, B).
- Service on committees.
- The selected
candidate must be able to obtain an Idaho Professional Engineering (P.E.) license within three years.
- An earned PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field.
- A demonstrated record of
research (publications and seeking external funding).
- Experience (at least one year) teaching Mechanical Engineering
- Expertise in Robotics, Kinematics and Dynamics of
Machinery, Machine Design, and Measurement Systems.
Please submit the
following documents with your application:
1) A current curriculum vitae; 2) A statement of research interests (maximum of 2
pages); 3) A statement of teaching interests (maximum of 2 pages); and 4) A list of names with contact information for three professional
Position will remain open until filled. However, applications received by November 30, 2020 will receive priority
consideration. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment
may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Office of Human Resources
Idaho State University
ISU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans’ preference.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.