Faculty – Vocational and Technical – Aviation
Open Until Filled
$43,474 to $59,908 USD Per Year
full time college faculty contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise all students
assigned to the class.
- Maintain discipline, safety, and cleanliness within the classroom and lab environments at all times.
- Monitor student attendance and retention rate.
- Follow course outlines and objectives and be able to evaluate students.
- Be able to teach assigned classes and to effectively manage the day to day operation of the class and shop.
- Prepare lesson
plans and provide all class lectures, lab, and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Advise students.
- Maintain academic and FAA records.
- Attend all scheduled departmental meetings.
- Develop partners with the local school
districts to provide streamlined pathways for students into the Airframe program.
- Cultivate relationships with business and
industry partners to identify and develop employment opportunities for students and graduates.
- Help recruit business partners to be
a part of the Airframe Advisory Committee.
- Participate in accurate budget planning and operate within the approved budget.
- Maintain responsibility, accountability and inventory control for tools, equipment, and supplies at the Crestview campus.
up-to-date with professional trends in the teaching field and help facilitate continual change that may be required to keep instruction
current and relevant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Aviation.
- Associate of Science degree in Airframe, Aviation, Avionics, or Aerospace, Aeronautics or closely related field from an
accredited institution required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years of full-time employment in the
Airframe or related field.
- FAA Certificate in Airframe or Airframe and Powerplant.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Airframe, Aviation, Avionics, or Aerospace, Aeronautics or closely related field
from an accredited institution preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
Classification: Twelve-Month Instructional Personnel
Salary: $43,474.00-$59,908 (will be based
on education and work experience)
Location: Crestview Campus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
All sections of the
application must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
In addition to the application, please submit
all of the following:
- A letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
- Copy of college transcripts.
- Copy of FAA certification.
Northwest Florida State College
100 College Boulevard
Niceville, FL 325778
Florida Relay Access 711
NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of age, color, ethnicity, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender in any of its programs, services, or activities.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.