Classification Title: Faculty
Position Class Type: Regular
Other Position Information
Kettering University is a national leader in experiential STEM (science, technology, engineering, math and business) education, integrating an intense academic curriculum with applied professional experience. Through this proven approach we inspire students to realize their potential and advance their ideas by combining theory and practice better than any institution in the world. Kettering University is dedicated to achieving the extraordinary through technological innovation, leadership and service, built on values that foster respect, integrity, creativity, collaboration and excellence in growth, global leadership, community outreach and an engaged community of stakeholders.
BENEFITS include health, dental and vision coverage; retirement benefits with up to a 9% Kettering matching contribution; life and accident insurance; tuition assistance and waiver programs; vacation and holiday pay; sick and disability pay; home purchase assistance program; recreation center membership; and many other benefits.
Position Status: Full-time
- 3 years teaching experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field
- Experience in laboratory instruction
- Related professional experience outside academia
- Experience working in an interdisciplinary environment
- Strong interest or experience in advanced mobility technologies including electric vehicles, autonomous mobility, and connected vehicles
- Ph.D. or (ABD with completion by time of appointment will be considered) in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field
Job Specific Required Qualifications
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field
- Experience and expertise in MATLAB and C programming
- Experience and expertise in foundational electrical and computer engineering topics such as circuit analysis, digital systems, electronics, electromagnetic fields, signals & systems, and microcontroller systems
- Good oral and written communication skills in the English language
- Proof of legal authority to work at Kettering University
- Understanding and commitment to Kettering University Values
a. RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity, partnerships with students.
b. INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
c. CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
d. COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
e. EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
Posting Number: FP00062
Open Until Filled: Yes
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.