Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a “Great College to Work for” since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Howard Community College presently has opening for instructors for our evening Apprenticeship Training Program starting January 2021. The program consists of 165 hours of training, two nights a week. Instructors must be a licensed Journeyman or Master Electrician (preferred) with a thorough background and understanding of the National Electric Code and a commitment to teaching. Classes will be taught at Howard Community College, Columbia, MD and IEC Chesapeake Campus, Laurel, MD.
The qualified applicant will be involved in a fast-paced, educational setting, instructing Apprentices in the electrical industry. Instructor should have experience, expertise, and the ability to effectively instruct Apprentices in the different Electrical Construction aspects of the traded such as:
- Industrial Wiring
Instructors will provide support to students and fellow staff members, work in a lab setting providing hands-on instruction with safety in mind, keep accurate records of student achievement, and an ability to maintain discipline in a classroom setting.
- Working knowledge of the NEC, with a thorough understanding of Electrical Theory and Code compliance specific to Construction Electricity.
- A thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in installing and repairing electrical systems, controls, and electrical machinery and equipment in buildings, programmable logic controllers, and construction site wiring;
- Computer literacy with programs such as MS Word and PowerPoint; Experience with distance or remote learning a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, creative in problem solving, exercise good judgments and ethics, and have superior customer service skills;
- An understanding of AC/DC electronics/ electricity, basic mathematics, solid state and digital electronics;
- Excellent communications skills.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Completion of an Approved Apprenticeship program, Journeyman’s license with documented training in Electrical Theory or a Master Electrician’s License.
- Experience in the Electrical Construction trade as an Electrical Foreman, Inspector, supervisor or other active position.
Work Schedule: Varies based on course load
View current compensation rates at:
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
Positions listed may be on-going job announcements or pools. Once submitted, your application may remain on file for up to three (3) years. In the event the position is filled/closed or your application is identified for further consideration, only then will you be notified via email.
Please submit the following:
- Completed application
- Cover Letter
Howard Community College is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.