Admin – Information Technology – IT Manager/Director
Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for all aspects of information technology for Northern Vermont
University, including strategic planning, support, training, infrastructure and policy for information technology.
CHARACTERISTICS DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the operations of the university’s Information
Technology department, including staffing, administration of computing facilities and local area network infrastructure, media services,
projects, and the help desk.
- Create a forward looking mission-driven IT roadmap along with a plan to implement it in an
effective and efficient manner.
- Provide a comprehensive set of targets that guide departmental goals and help institute continuous
- Procure, plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate university Information Technology resources, services, and
- Plan, monitor, and administer departmental budgets, and negotiate vendor relationships.
- Coordinate training for
faculty, staff, and students.
- Communicate with the university community.
- Provide technical consulting to faculty, staff,
- Research, implement, and monitor technology directions and best practices.
- Serve on campus, system, and
- Formulate, recommend, and enforce policies relevant to technology at the university.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; 3 – 5 year’s experience in positions of
increasing responsibility in Information Technology field. Master’s degree in relevant field and 3- 5 year’s experience in Information
Technology in higher education desirable.
- Evidence of experience in a variety of positions in the information technology field
with an emphasis on customer service and effective management resources.
- Technical skills including an ability to understand
existing hardware and software systems, emerging technologies and best practices in applying procedures, tools and methods.
- Customer-centric approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of procurement and vendor management- including accessibility and data
- Change management and experience leading others through change.
- Ability to move projects forward.
- Higher education systems knowledge and experience driving technical innovation.
- Superior communication skills.
- Advanced skills in leading, thinking creatively and strategically, building teams, resolving conflict, and focusing on results.
NON-BARGAINING UNIT Grade 15; Exempt
This position could also be based from the Johnson, Vermont campus. Some travel between
campuses will be necessary.
Please note: This job requires a fingerprint-supported criminal background check.
Northern Vermont University
We strongly encourage applications from members of ethnic minority groups and other under-represented backgrounds. NVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with ADA requirements, we will make reasonable accommodations for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.