Salary: $30.00 Hourly
Job Number: 00642
The part-time Waste Water Instructor is responsible for teaching the laws and regulations of waste water treatment and teaching the relevant skills required to pass the state certification exam.
This position will remain open until filled.
- Hold a current Waste Water credential at a level equal to the class being offered
- Experience in the field of Waste Water
- Classroom, lab, or shop environment
- Frequent standing and walking to monitor student progress
- Some light lifting of materials pertaining to lab projects
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Mastery of Subject Matter
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of their field or discipline
- Display an ability to interpret and evaluate the theories of their field or discipline
- Stay current in their subject matter through professional development; through involvement in professional organizations; and attending professional meetings, conferences, or workshops
- Learn and use technology to enhance teaching and the educational experience when appropriate
- Teach a course load appropriate to their field or discipline
- Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students needs
- Employ available instructional technology, i.e. the Internet, telecourse, interactive technology, when appropriate
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher-order thinking skills through appropriate assignments
Evaluation of Student Learning
- Establish and follow meaningful learning objectives
- Develop and explain methods that fairly measure student progress toward course objectives
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and submit final grade rosters to division administrator each semester according to established deadlines
- Demonstrate sensitivity to student needs and circumstances
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Lenoir Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College complies with existing federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. The College prohibits discrimination against and/or exclusion from participation in any benefits or activities by any person, either on the staff and faculty or in the student body, on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, political affiliation, or disability.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.