Faculty – Vocational and Technical – Aviation
Responsible for performance and in-service rates of all ground-training devices.
Responsible for maintaining certification of flight simulation devices.
- Ensuring that all flight simulator and flight training device maintenance activities reflect the high professional standards demanded by the University.
- Ensuring that all repairs are completed in a timely manner to provide best possible in-service rates.
- Coordinating routine ground trainer maintenance with all parties involved to avoid interruption of normal operations
- Ensuring all documentation and data updates are completed
- Ensure FAA required tests and certifications are completed.
- Maintaining spares inventory adequate for flight simulator and flight training device maintenance.
- Ensuring proper records keeping procedures for purpose of reporting, trend analysis, etc.
- Maintaining effective communication with Chair – Flight Department
- Recommending to Chair, Flight Support plans and programs that will improve the performance and cost effectiveness of ground trainer operation and maintenance.
- Establishing and maintain contacts with flight simulator community for purposes of support (parts, flight data, etc.)
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Read and comprehend instructions, write information, and complete simple forms.
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user applications.
- Knowledge of repairing, troubleshooting, flight simulator PC based systems ,some programming skills required ,IT experience preferred and or other computer work experience
- 3-5 years work related experience
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-Prescott
Education Level: High School Diploma / GED
Employee Status: Regular
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.