UPSC CMS 2020 Exam Preparation Tips: UPSC conducts Joint Medical Services (CMS) examination to recruit medical officers in various organizations under the Government of India. Union Public Service Commission…
UPSC CMS 2020 Exam Preparation Tips: UPSC conducts Joint Medical Services (CMS) examination to recruit medical officers in various organizations under the Government of India. The Union Public Service Commission will conduct the Combined Medical Services (CMS) examination on 22 October. Admit cards for this exam have been issued on 6 October. Through this exam, candidates can make a career in the medical field, working with various government organizations. The purpose of the exam is to evaluate the candidate’s performance and ability to work as a medical officer. The candidates have to appear in the written test and thereafter in the interview. The final selection is made on the basis of total marks in both the stages. It is extremely important to prepare well for both the stages to get a place in the final preference. Some important UPSC CMS 2020 Exam Preparation Tips are also given below.
To start preparing for UPSC CMS, it is necessary to know the syllabus of the exam. Without complete knowledge of the course, it is difficult to formulate a good preparation strategy.
Paper I (250 Marks)
In Paper I, candidates have to prepare two sections: General Medicine and Pediatrics. See detailed syllabus in official notifications.
Paper II (250 Marks)
Gynecology and obstetric
This section is further divided into three parts namely Gynecology, Obstetrics and Family Planning.
Preventive social and community medicine
How to prepare for UPSC CMS exam
The syllabus for UPSC CMS is huge. The candidate must have sufficient time to complete this course. Therefore, candidates should make strategic preparation of each subject of the exam wisely by making proper schedule.
1. Do not skip general topics questions. Sometimes they fall into any unseen situation. Therefore, candidates should also prepare for such subjects.
2. Solve previous years question papers. By solving them it will be easier to know about the level of preparation of UPSC CMS. Solving them gives the candidate confidence and confidence.
3. Candidates should start their preparation at least 6 months before the exam. This is sufficient time to complete the syllabus and practice mock tests.
4. Once you start making notes with an understanding of the syllabus. Take a print out of them or bookmark them online.
5. It is a very common and useful strategy to prepare well for the exam. The topics which seem very different and are not interested in them, add such topics to the list and give proper time.
6. Pay special attention to negative marking.