Location: Dayton, TN or Ooltewah, TN
Reports To: Dean, Vogel School of Engineering
Professor of Engineering (level commensurate with
experience). The position requires academic excellence in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service with emphasis on teaching. Bryan
College currently offers a Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree with concentration options including civil and mechanical engineering.
The Vogel School of Engineering opened in the fall of 2018 with a freshman class of 25 students. Enrollment is projected to increase yearly
as the program develops. State-of-the-art classroom and laboratory facilities are currently being constructed to accommodate the near-term
program build-out to 120 students.
Most importantly, the new faculty will share and promote a Christian worldview consistent with
the Bryan College Statement of Belief and Community Life Standards.
Serving others is one of the foundational aspects
within the culture of the faculty cadre at Bryan College and therefore within the Vogel School of Engineering. Faculty support our primary
purpose, “educating students to become servants of Christ to make a difference in today’s world,” through the profession
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working in a team environment to formulate
and implement policies and procedures for the Vogel School of Engineering informed by a Christian perspective.
- Developing and
teaching courses and laboratory modules relating to general engineering classes including: statics, dynamics, strength of materials, fluid
mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, as well as mechanical engineering concentration classes including: machine design, manufacturing
engineering, kinematics and robotics, mechanical vibration, quality engineering and other courses as needed.
- Administration and
oversight of laboratory and maker-space facilities including specification, purchasing and O&M of equipment, maintaining compliance with
all regulatory requirements, and developing and implementing policies and procedures relating to the use of the laboratory and maker-space
- Scholarship in the form of research, publications, and presentations.
- Serving as faculty advisor for student
- Assisting in the development of a departmental budget for equipment and supplies.
- Serving as a mentor and advising
students academically and professionally.
- Oversight of accreditation activities including identifying and implementing SACS and
- Recruitment of students.
- Developing connections and serving as liaison with industrial partners.
- Serving as Vogel School of Engineering representative in the community.
- Other duties as required.
- An earned terminal degree (preferred) in Mechanical Engineering
- Teaching experience at the
- U.S. citizenship or permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be committed to serving Him and His church.
To apply, please submit an application and attach your vitae and a cover letter
describing interest in the position, research interests, and qualifications for the position.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.