Applications submitted directly via Job Boards will not be accepted.****
Trent University is seeking applications
for the position of Manager, Information Systems in the university’s Information Technology (IT) Department.
University is noted for internationally-respected faculty, globally-significant research, and world-class facilities. The Peterborough
campus is located on the beautiful Otonabee River in the heart of the Kawarthas. Trent University has approximately 10,000 full and
part-time students, and employs approximately 2,000 employees, including faculty staff, contract staff, and student staff. Trent offers over
60 undergraduate and professional degree programs and a total of 20 graduate programs. Students benefit from a greatly enhanced academic
experience due to Trent’s ability to consistently deliver a meaningful, high-quality liberal undergraduate education in the humanities,
social sciences and natural sciences in an environment that places a strong emphasis on interaction between students and professors.
The Trent University IT Department is a highly respected and valued part of the Trent community. The department delivers support
services to all staff, faculty, and students, maintains information systems used primarily for the administration of the university, and
supports the infrastructure necessary to deliver network, computing, and server resources. This position is an integral part of the
management team and reports directly to the Associate Vice President, IT. The ideal candidate for this position is;
- a seasoned
manager, with previous management experience,
- a collaborator, who can work across the university to understand the challenges and
opportunities facing the university and is able to present information system solutions where appropriate,
- a team player, who can
work across the IT department to overcome challenges and present solutions,
- a coach, who works to lift up their team of
programmers/analysts, provide guidance, suggest learning opportunities, and truly listen to their needs,
- a planner, who is able to
holistically view and prioritize their work area demands,
- a learner and teacher, who is committed to lifelong learning, and
- an information systems expert, who comes from a programming background, preferably with ERP experience, and who is able to work with
their team members and provide technical guidance when necessary.
Trent University is the right place for you, we offer
eligible employees a comprehensive employee pension and benefit package, a commitment to ongoing learning and development, and an
exceptional work environment in the following ways:
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Generous Vacation Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Sabbaticals
- Self-Funded Leaves
Rebate for Employee, Spouse, and Dependents
- Professional Development Programs for all Employee Groups
- Long Service
- Variety of Work/Life Balance Options
- State-of-the-art Athletics Centre and a Staff Wellness
- Beautiful campus located on the Otonabee River with plenty of hiking and biking trails
- A green campus, that
embraces sustainability and the environment
- Thriving downtown, with plenty of unique shops, cafes and restaurants
A University degree (4 years) in Business Administration, Computer Science or related area from a
recognized university with Canadian accreditation.
- Five years of directly- related
experience, three of which are progressively responsible experience designing and managing systems and services.
- At least 2 years
of experience in a supervisory position overseeing professional computing staff, preferably in an information systems capacity
- Experience in working with a variety of information or educational technology systems and methods in higher education.
experience developing a team, recruiting, developing others, and performance management
- Demonstrated experience managing project(s)
to completion in time and on budget
- Proven experience in the coordination of various tasks under tight deadlines
- Administrative and communication skills.
- Ability to manage people.
Trent University is actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive campus community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Trent University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of a document/publication, please contact email@example.com.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.