Miami Gardens, FL
Faculty – Vocational and Technical – Aviation
Job Number: ACADE01151
A successful candidate
will play an active role in FMU’s existing academic success. The recruiter in Aviation & Safety will act as a liaison between school,
community and the industry to increase enrollment and provide opportunities for internships and placement of graduates.
- Work in collaboration with the Office of Admissions and the Director of
Outreach and Academic Development.
- Visit middle, high school and technical centers to recruit student to attend FMU’s Aviation &
- Attend and represent FMU at career fairs.
- Coordinate recruitment events.
- Coordinate visits and
events with students and alumni.
- Post activities and points of interest on social media outlets.
- Schedule tours of the
campus and department.
- Assist in the development of promotional and collateral
- Work with business partners and employers to coordinate
internship processes and follow up for students.
- Must have their own transportation. Must be able to travel independently
throughout Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties
that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organizational skills – scheduling, coordinating and implementing
- Understanding of the use of social media
communication skills (oral and written)
- Public speaking
- Presentations to small and large groups
personality who is not afraid of speaking to people
- Positive attitude
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and
confidential nature in the utmost professional manner. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills. Excellent communication (oral and written),
organizational, and time management skills. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents.
to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree in aviation, marketing or related field
with 2 years directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Aviation experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS
Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background
check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or
certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the
completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes
names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is
filled. No phone calls please.
Human Resources Management
Florida Memorial University
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.