Salary: See Position Description
Location: Prescott, AZ
Job Type: Adjunct Faculty (Part Time)
Department: AA – Adjunct Faculty
Job Number: 2020-00274
Closing: 12/1/2020 11:59 PM Arizona
Description of Position
Hiring Rate: $853.00 per load hour.
Teaching Assignment may include alternative delivery methods: in-person, hybrid, online, day, evening, week-end and at any Yavapai College campus/center location per course scheduling.
Unofficial transcripts must be attached at the time of application submission.
Terms of Teaching Assignment Include:
- Meet and teach assigned class(es) in accordance with course outlines, including specified textbooks. A course outline is a district-approved document covering such items as course prefix, number, title, description, learning outcomes and content.
- Develop and submit to the division office a course syllabus and schedule of assignments based upon the approved college course outline prior to the start of class(es). A syllabus is a learning plan designed by the Instructor to inform students about the learning outcomes, assessment requirements, grading criteria, attendance standards, instruction and institution policies and support services.
- Promptly submit required rosters, grade reports, evaluations, and academic reports; retain student grade records for one calendar year.
- Follow the same accepted standards of conduct as full-time faculty as described in applicable administrative procedures which relate to satisfactory service and conduct becoming a faculty member.
- Attend required instructional related meetings such as: orientation meetings, department or division meetings,other meetings as required.
- Attend meetings and workshops as may be necessary to obtain or renew certification or essential licensure requirements.
- Document the completion of three (3) hours per semester of professional development activities related to the discipline area and student learning.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Employment is on a non-continuing basis, and consecutive teaching assignments do not lead to probationary or continuing faculty status. Teaching assignments are part-time, on a semester basis only and may or may not be continued based on student enrollment and College need.
Minimum Expectations & Requirements
Coursework and Degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution.
Minimum Qualifications for Faculty Teaching Coursework in Occupational Disciplines:
- Degree in discipline (Associate’s degree or higher) AND 5 years or 5,000 hours of documented experience recent with the discipline; AND/OR
- Professional Licensure/Specialized certificate(s) AND/OR 5 years or 5,000 hours of documented and recent work experience.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Professional experience in a community college/higher education work environment.
- Experience with on-line learning systems such as Canvas or Blackboard.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and competencies listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but may vary based on assignment.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.