About This Role:
The College of Mechanical & Nuclear Engineering is seeking
applications for a Fellow (Post Doc) in the Mechanics of Meta-structures group of Professor Raj Kumar Pal. This group is
working on cutting edge topics in solid mechanics and wave propagation, using concepts from non linear elasticity, topological mechanics and
dynamics of period media.
Visit https://sites.google.com/view/rajkumarpal/home for details on past projects.
Specific projects include investigating fundamental wave phenomena in architected materials and structures, including tensegrity
structures, topological waveguides and granular media.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative
interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
Need to Succeed:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical engineering,
civil engineering, aerospace engineering or related disciplines
- Previous experience as Graduate Research Assistant, Postdoc or Research Scientist
- Experience in some / all
of the following topics:
- Nonlinear/large deformation solid mechanics
- Using Finite element methods to perform dispersion
analysis and large deformation analysis
- Experimental measurement of vibrations and acoustic fields
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Representative journal papers (3)
- Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Hiring Salary Range:
$ 48,000 – $ 55,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and
actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement :
with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering
your candidacy as an employee.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.