College of Nursing and
The College of Nursing and Public Health at Adelphi University
invites qualified candidates to apply for the Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Public Health for the Master of Public Health Program.
- Teaching workload of 18 credits/ academic year. The selected candidate will join a team
of researchers addressing a broad range of public health problems.
- The candidate is expected to lead a thematic program of
independent research that is competitive for extramural funding. We are particularly interested in those involved in community participatory
research and community health.
- The candidate is also expected to engage in student advising, curriculum development, accreditation,
and recruitment and retention activities.
- The candidate will engage in service to the program, college, and university.
- Doctoral degree (e.g., PhD in public health or a health field, DrPH or MD with an MPH) from an
accredited institution with expertise in community health.
- The candidate must have a broad base of public health knowledge and
skills to teach a range of courses mostly in the community health area such as social and behavioral issues, planning and programming,
program evaluation, and community health assessment.
- A strong record of, or demonstrated potential for, community-based scholarly
activity including sponsored projects. Candidates must show evidence of an emerging high-quality research agenda.
- Experience or
demonstrated potential for developing and strengthening relationships with community- based organizations for collaborative initiatives,
research projects, and student placements.
- A demonstrated commitment to work with underserved communities and with diverse
- Applicants should include 1) a letter of interest, 2) curriculum vitae, 3)
Contact information for three professional references online at adelphi.edu/positions/faculty and 4) Teaching and research statement.
- Only electronic submissions will be reviewed. Review of applications will begin July 21, 2020 and continue until the position is
- Upon further request, please send all professional references to Dr. Marie Cox, Chair, CNPH Search Committee at email@example.com.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly
awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students’ lives through
small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers
exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core FourArts and Humanities, STEM
and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World
Report, Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in
Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50
undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships
throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58
countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long
Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2435
Adelphi University is an employment-at-will employer. Nothing contained herein should be understood or construed to constitute a condition or contract of employment. The information set forth above indicated the general nature and level of work expected to be performed by employees within this classification. This description, therefore, is not intended to be exhaustive since it may be altered from time to time, subject to the changing needs of Adelphi University, with or without notice
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.