Faculty – Engineering – Electrical
Open Until Filled
Austin Peay State University invites applications
for an Engineering Technologist or Engineer at the rank of Assistant Professor. This is a full-time, 9-month tenure-track faculty position
commencing August 1, 2021.
The successful candidate will be able to develop and teach courses in the AAS
and BS Engineering Technology degree programs offered by the department. They will be expected to advise students, engage in research and
professional activities, take part in annual program assessment and evaluation efforts for continuous improvement, participate in recruiting
activities, serve on departmental and university committees, and contribute to other departmental activities.
Primary Duties and
- Possess the knowledge, talents and skills in Engineering Technology to promote effective teaching and to
maintain high standards for students.
- Teach assigned courses in the major core and in the Electrical concentrations consistent
with the applicant’s background and with the needs of the department.
- Manage capstone projects meeting ETAC of ABET requirements.
- Assist in the improvement of existing and development of new courses including online / hybrid courses to meet the changing
needs of the Engineering Technology degree program.
- Teach day and evening classes at times and locations necessary to meet
- Be willing to adopt innovative teaching methods and delivery of instruction as appropriate.
- Demonstrate respect for the diverse learning needs of students.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and implement curriculum
objectives for courses taught in one’s curriculum area.
- Actively contribute to annual evaluation and assessment efforts as part
of the department’s continuous improvement program required for ETAC of ABET
- Be available and demonstrate proficiency in academic advisement of students.
- Engage in productive
research, grants and scholarly/creative activity within the discipline.
- Establish productive student-oriented undergraduate
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to work effectively with colleagues to support the mission of the
University, College and Department.
- Serve effectively on committees and other appropriate functions that assist in University
Required Minimum Qualifications
- A Master degree or higher in Electrical/Electronic
Engineering Technology or Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Documented three years of relevant industrial
- Professional Registration (such as the P.E.) preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with
students, faculty, staff and the community.
- Evidence of good character, mature attitude and professional integrity.
- Mastery of common instrumental methods of analysis pertaining to the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Must be fluent in English.
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
Austin Peay State University
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability status, genetic information, and/or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nondiscrimination@apsu.edu.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.