- Admin – Information Technology – IT Manager/Director
- Admin – Information Technology – Other IT
Open Until Filled
$60,000 to $75,000 USD Per Year
The Associate Director for the national cybersecurity education centers hosted at Whatcom Community
College (WCC) will support the Centers’ Director/Principal Investigator (PI), other senior personnel and grant Co-PIs in carrying out
the mission objectives and activities of NCyTE-The National Cybersecurity Training & Education Center and the CAE National Resource
Center (CNRC). Specifically, this position will help strategize, oversee and implement NCyTE and CNRC projects and activities related to
resource development and dissemination, faculty/institution development, student development and industry engagement. NCyTE is funded by the
National Science Foundation (NSF) and the CNRC, funded by the National Security Agency (NSA). These projects are aligned and support
numerous projects that are national in scope, and the national Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) mentor/mentee program, assisting
individual mentors and college and university faculty/administrators in successfully applying for the CAE cybersecurity education
The Associate Director will:
knowledge of, oversee and implement projects associated with NCyTE/ CNRC objectives.
- Supervise Center support staff.
new processes, manage projects, communicate and coordinate with stakeholders, contractors, collaborators and clients.
track progress, ensure deliverables, develop and manage budgets and update and ensure data accuracy.
- Serve as the main point of
contact to colleges seeking the CAE designation across the US. Ensure alignment of project mission, programs and policies; recommend
improvements in a constructive manner to administrators and faculty.
- Plan, implement, travel to, facilitate and conduct workshops
and educational activities in support of mentoring faculty and institutions for applying for the CAE designation.
- Oversee and assess
the effectiveness of all mentors contracted to work with colleges and universities on CAE applications.
- Identify and support
development of additional resources in support of NCyTE projects.
- Participate in and contribute constructively to NCyTE/NCRC
administration and coordination, and to leadership and staff meetings at WCC.
- Provide necessary information and documentation for
all project reporting in a timely manner and assist with report development.
- Communicate effectively and pro-actively using Outlook,
telephone, email and other means to all appropriate internal and external parties and participants regarding event details, plans and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Salary and Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, cybersecurity or related field;
- Teaching or
curriculum development experience;
- Five year’s work experience in a college or office setting in project management or related
- Master’s degree in IT, cybersecurity or related technical field or
- Experience teaching and working in higher education.
- Experience working with federal
- Experience managing personnel.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Ability to travel and work
over weekends as work requires.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle for reimbursable travel.
- Ability to work
some evenings and early mornings.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong organizational and
communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to present information clearly and logically in a public
- Experience working collaboratively with contacts in remote settings.
- Ability to work under and meet aggressive
deadlines and to juggle multiple event timelines and related tasks on different timelines.
- Experience leading teams and complex
Salary and Appointment:
- This is a one year, temporary, grant funded, full-time
administrative/exempt position with a likely extension contingent on funding. Exempt from Washington State civil service law with an annual
salary based upon a range of $60,000-$75,000 depending on experience.
- The position comes
with a full benefit package, including health, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and a retirement
Additionally, as a Washington State, public higher education institution, WCC offers the
- Whatcom Community College is a qualified employer for the PSLF program. If you work for the College full time,
have had Direct Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to apply.
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply
and participate in the Whatcom Community College Employee Tuition Program, which provides a tuition waiver for available and eligible WCC
- As soon as can be arranged with successful candidate.
- For guaranteed consideration, application packets should be received by Monday, October 12th, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Position open until filled.
Special Instructions to Applicant
A completed application consists
of an online application and:
- Letter of application detailing relevant experience and how the applicant is prepared to meet
the duties of the position.
- Diversity statement providing examples of (1) how you have integrated equity and inclusion in your work
and (2) how you will promote equitable practices in education through this position.
- Current resume.
- Unofficial Transcripts
for all earned degrees; official transcripts required prior to official start date.
- List of five recent professional references with
Human Resources Office
Whatcom Community College
Whatcom Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Director for Human Resources, 237 W. Kellogg Road, Bellingham, WA 98226, 360.383.3400. For Title IX compliance, contact: Vice President for Educational Services, 237 W. Kellogg Road, Bellingham, WA 98226, 360.383.3070. WCC publications are available in alternate formats upon request by contacting the Disability Support Services Office at 360.383.3080; VP 360.255.7182.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.