- Admin – Information Technology – IT Manager/Director
- Admin – Information Technology – IT Support and Training
The Software Support Manager will manage a team of Software Support Specialists who respond to client requests and inquiries on a daily basis. The incumbent will establish, maintain, and encourage strong relationships between the Software Support Team and other teams. They will provide advanced troubleshooting skills to resolve technical problems. The Software Support Manager’s primary goal is to sustain client retention through high client satisfaction. A combination of overall technologist and leadership skills is desired and will garner the greatest rewards.
- Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of Leepfrog software and how it can be configured, customized, and implemented to meet client requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ needs for their catalog and curriculum requirements.
- Present/communicate company products and services in detail to clients and internal staff as needed.
- Supervise and motivate a team of Software Support Specialists through performance coaching and career planning.
- Resolve employee issues and act as the employee advocate.
- Participate in short and long-term planning for assigned areas.? Identify issues, provide input, and make recommendations regarding Technical Support programs, tools, projects, products, processes, metrics, standards, and customer satisfaction.?
- Function as an expert on Leepfrog products to mentor and train new Software Support Specialists. Including, but not limited to the following tasks:
- +Collect and interpret requests into individual tasks through our internal ticketing system; creating and updating tasks.
- +Maintain client communication in a timely, organized, and informed fashion.
- +Maintain effective customer service relationships with clients.
- +Identify training and development needs for direct employees.
- +Act as a liaison between the client and internal departments by appropriately directing questions. Ensure follow-up with clients after answers have been determined.
- Manage client escalations as needed.
- Work with other managers to ensure operational consistency.
- Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes, customer satisfaction, and the application of tools for monitoring, management, and optimization.
- Complete administrative duties that include, but are not limited to: timecard approval, scheduling, budget planning, candidate interviewing, and disciplinary counseling.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication: clear, concise, and professional. Able to communicate across a wide range of internal and external audiences with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong client orientation: the ability to understand client requests and translate them into configuration and customization options/plans.
- Planning: an ability to think ahead, prioritize, and plan. Take initiative.
- Problem-solve in a changing environment: analyze situations quickly and react appropriately by identifying who may help in various situations.
- Teamwork: a demonstrated ability to work with a team and maintain internal communication.
- Time Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others; lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
- Knowledge of web browsers and general troubleshooting to identify browser-specific issues.
Bachelor’s degree and three years related management experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a good understanding of a “services business” in a high tech environment. Prior experience in managing a software support center for very high-end software, is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate must be able to operate in an entrepreneurial, small company environment with the ability to adjust to client schedules.
Generally, the Software Support Manager will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. Generally, this position is considered sedentary and will be faced with regular interruptions.
Leepfrog Technologies, Inc.
Leepfrog Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© Copyright 2020 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.